How many miles do you get from your socks? (Read 1011 times)

Most of them, though, eventually go into the laundry and never come back. We don't ask questions about those ones, just assume they went to a better place.
    BostonRnr

I throw socks out only when they get too big a hole in them.
      Ditto

Best Present Ever

Most of them, though, eventually go into the laundry and never come back. We don't ask questions about those ones, just assume they went to a better place.
        Funny, I was thinking about this as I was getting dressed early this morning to go run. I mean, running socks are expensive. I am careful to put them in the laundry basket as a pair, yet I have 3 socks with no mates. That's like $45 worth of socks that i can't use. Where did the mates go?
        xor

Funny, I was thinking about this as I was getting dressed early this morning to go run. I mean, running socks are expensive. I am careful to put them in the laundry basket as a pair, yet I have 3 socks with no mates. That's like $45 worth of socks that i can't use. Where did the mates go?
          Mex-sock-o for a quickie divorce. Probably Ti-hose-juana.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is why I try to always have 2-3 pair of the same color/model. That way if I lose a single sock I'm not rendering its mate useless. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

This is why I always buy MINIMUM of 6 pairs at a time, preferably of exactly the same type, color and style as the last batch I bought. I'll admit, after spending $$$$$ trying all the fancy expensive running socks, I found that the costco champion socks work perfectly - no blisters even in a rainy marathon and for 6 pairs for $9, who gives a crap how long they last. I poke holes in my socks frequently, I was going through a pair every longrun when I first started running. Shocked

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

To the best of our current scientific knowledge, socks that never return from the laundry explain the "missing" dark matter in the Universe, representing 80% of the total mass.
                I'd buy that. currently I have a pile of about 40 socks without partners...I am starting a dating service. Maybe these socks were hetero and just couldnt take it anymore.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Another Passion

I'd buy that. currently I have a pile of about 40 socks without partners...I am starting a dating service. Maybe these socks were hetero and just couldnt take it anymore.
                  Big grinBig grinBig grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

How could you even keep track of that?
                    I have adapted a Garmin foot pod, an RF ID chip (from Modal's design) and chip modded my 305 specifically for sock tracking. I totally can't wait until Eric finishes the GPS upload so I can start graphing that stuff. I'm freaking stoked.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Purdey

Self anointed title

higa

who knows but what i wanna know is how come i always end up with single sox in my drawer. Where have they gone? Is there a sock heaven?
                        Purdey

Self anointed title

who knows but what i wanna know is how come i always end up with single sox in my drawer. Where have they gone? Is there a sock heaven?

xor

who knows but what i wanna know is how come i always end up with single sox in my drawer.
                            Red or White?

MrH

who knows but what i wanna know is how come i always end up with single sox in my drawer.
                              Try to focus on the positive. It's good to mix up running with some strengthening exercises such as hopping on one foot. Wear the sock on alternate days.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Think Whirled Peas

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>