Foot Pain--Bear with me... (Read 544 times)

Ok, here's the Cliff Notes: Running again for two years. Carrying 20 lbs. too much. 25 mi./wk. (5 by 5) Most mileage on trails. Not much cross training the past couple months. Brooks ASR's/GTS 8's and Asics Trail attacks Upsized 1/2 size in Nov. (9.5 to 10.0) Upsized ecco street shoes 1/2 size in Feb. Now wearing Top-Sider's (boat shoes with no support). Pain in arch--particularly in the morning. Left big toe REALLY hurts after a run--all day. Doesn't hurt during the run after I warm up (1/2 mi.) at least when wearing the Salomon's and Asics. Felt better when I went back to my old Salomon XA Pro 3D's this week. Took a day off. Ran the next day in the Brooks and thought my toe would come off. Ran today in the Asics and no pain with the run but still bad afterward. I've had two pair of the ASR 6's and two GTS 7's with no problem but now, with the new versions of both, it's a BIG problem. Have at it, amateur podiatrists (and pros if so disposed...) and thanks in advance! TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Where does your arch hurt...inside, outside...more towards toes or towards heels?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Pretty much right behind the ball of my foot. TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Inside of your foot, under arch area? I believe that can be a symptom of plantar fasciitis. If it's on the outside edge of your foot, opposite the arch, then you may be dealing with peroneal tendonitis. Either stinks. My right knee has been giving me fits for months and now my left outer midfoot area is starting to feel PT symptoms...most likely from compensating for the knee. Not as sure about the big toe thing. I think that can be arthritis...hallux something or other. My MIL has dealt with a chronic case of this. My left big toe was bothering me after my last run, but I think it was simply another part of my body telling me to stop for a while, as it was better by the next day. Big toe issues can be pronation related, too. I'd ask your doctor, though. The pain is trying to tell you something.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks, zoom! TC