Please tell a newbie (Read 719 times)

I'm fairly new to running been at it about 2 years, but haven't really competed. I've just recently started lurking on the forums. What is a pace rabbit and what is HTFU'ing? I did a google on HTFU and I don't think that the urban dictionary has quite the same idea. Thanks!
    Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers

jfa

Good question scubagrrl,I was wondering too what HTFU means?

Actually, the Urban Dictionary is pretty much right on: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HTFU. It's from Chopper Reid. Here's the YouTube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc. It's a playful term we use to describe digging in and not quitting. The pace bunny is another RA-generated term. If you join any of the user groups for mileage (i.e. the 1000 miles in a year group), there is a pace bunny on the YTD chart. Eric generously provided them so you can see if you are on pace to meet the goal. The bunny runs a consistent amount of mileage each day. Welcome to the forums!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is the inspiration for HTFU. Wink The Pace Bunny is a fun feature in the mileage-based user groups. If you have a goal of, say, 1000k, 1000 miles or more for '08 you can see how you're stacking up compared to the Bunny and to other RA members. K

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

And the pace bunny runs 24 hours a day, so his mileage is always changing, not just once a day! I'm slow - it took me a couple of days to figure that out. I thought Eric had made a mistake and was making him run too little, lol. Should've known better.
              Thanks guys!
              Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers