2017 Sub 3 Marathons...and beyond! (Read 403 times)

Also, great job NACN in Indy. Glad to see you finally got under sub-3!. Now, looking at your sig line, time to go sub-40 in a 10K Wink

Thank you, Screen name1 (DCV)! You probably know better than anyone else here (aside from Mikkey) how long it has taken me to get this done. And yes, a sub 40 10K would be nice. I haven't seen that since before my asthma diagnosis in late 2015. But something tells me that it's within my grasp now. 

Post Asthma Era PRs: 5K--18:39 (Mar 2016), 10K--39:40 (Feb 2018), HM--1:28:04 (Jan 2017), MAR--2:59:12 (November 2017)

iamdisappoint

Thanks all!

NACN: I'm still excited that you got that sub3 Smile

I'm bib 206 tomorrow. We start at 7:45am. I apparently complained enough about hot marathons, as it's going to be 28F at the start. My plan is to stay at/under 255W until 16 or so, then see how I feel. If I run the whole race at 255, I should have a chance of getting just under 2:39.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/5795019

Good luck tomorrow IAM! BTW, what sort of time is Strugglr aiming for? Any chance of a race between the two of you? I recall some trash talking on his part but that was many months ago on the old RWOL thread.

2:52:16 (2018)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Thanks all!

NACN: I'm still excited that you got that sub3 Smile

I'm bib 206 tomorrow. We start at 7:45am. I apparently complained enough about hot marathons, as it's going to be 28F at the start. My plan is to stay at/under 255W until 16 or so, then see how I feel. If I run the whole race at 255, I should have a chance of getting just under 2:39.

.....and a Moose Mug. May the power be with you. Good luck!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

ThreeDB

good luck tomorrow Richmond runners!

ThreeDB

So after facing two weeks off for the very first time I will be DNS ing Richmond.  

AUGH!!  Sorry to hear, Swim.  Any idea what led to this - something specific, or just gradual wear/tear?  In the right conditions you're sub 2:40, I hate that you have to continue to wait to do it.

ThreeDB

The final death march

It was around the 37km mark that I really started to feel shitty.  

At this point, I really thought about quitting.  Most parts of me wanted to give up.  

Mark great RR!, it all sounds so familiar.  Congrats on an amazing first (of a handful?) marathon.

Swim5599

3DB i wish i knew.  Been a very difficult two weeks and it still doesn’t feel quite right.  As for the 2:40 it could have been close.  Usually when people tell me that I’m ready to run 2:40 I don’t think  I’m there.  This time after the 15 miles at 6:20 I thought it was definitely close.   The weather couldn’t be more perfect for those guys this morning.

HM: 1/17 1:18:53. FM: 12/18 2:46:04 

ThreeDB

Monday, Oct 23, 2017 thru Sunday, Oct 29, 2017

Day Miles Pace Description HR Link
                      Wed 15.4 6:06 9 Mile Tempo @ 5:42, 3.25 wu, 3.1 cd 158 (81%) strava

flash...   

ThreeDB

Thank you, Screen name1 (DCV)! You probably know better than anyone else here (aside from Mikkey) how long it has taken me to get this done. And yes, a sub 40 10K would be nice. I haven't seen that since before my asthma diagnosis in late 2015. But something tells me that it's within my grasp now. 

NACN!!  congrats to you!  and thanks for advice that you gave me many months ago re: asthma -- you pointed me in the right direction, as I seem to be getting mine under control as well.  Congrats again!!!

ThreeDB

As for the 2:40 it could have been close.  Usually when people tell me that I’m ready to run 2:40 I don’t think  I’m there.  This time after the 15 miles at 6:20 I thought it was definitely close.   

yer there, swim.  agree with others that once you get the injury sorted you might as well hop into a few races of varying distances and ultimately race your way to your true FM potential

ThreeDB

(clearly I'm catching up on posts this morning Wink

fly and jmac - congrats on great races, and I imagine that a PR at NYC must be really special.

dtothe2nd congrats as well on sub3!!

so many folks on here have been plugging away for so many years, and getting it done this Fall!  Now it's IAM's turn

Swim5599

IAM 38 flat 2:41:1 through 10k

strugglr 39:1 2:45:2 through 10k

that sections up hill

Swim5599

Through the half Dan 1:20:30

Steve 1:22:42