2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

TJoseph

Thanks to a fire alarm, I got out of the office early today and got my run in before dinner. (I didn't set it off, I swear!)

Run Long, and Prosper!

Extended the streak another day with a run during my lunch break.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Started my own streak on the 14th.   More than two weeks late, but I'll make up for it by keeping the streak alive in the new year.  The goal is to run at least 5k every day.  5k today in 26:19.

Still chugging along at day 28. I have to say that I am really enjoying the streak. What I really like is how it becomes a non-question as to whether I will run on a particular day. The answer is always the same.

Yes, I love that too!

I'm just about to jump on the TM, I have to put lunch on the table for the boys first. And then they get to watch some TV while mommy runs .

joescott

check!  I think this actually makes day 32 for me, or some such, but anyway, alive and kickin'!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Well, I'm afraid I missed yesterday.  I slept late in the morning, and then with the snow I was late getting home and late finally finished everything that had to be done at 11:30.  I could have jumped on the treadmill then, but I was so bleeping tired (usually go to bed at 9 on work nights) and the treadmill is still in our bedroom where my wife was trying to get to sleep, so I blew it off.

I'm ahead of the pace bunny on my 82 mile goal, so I can still meet that challenge if I get back on the wagon for the rest of the month.

RIP 2013 Holiday Streak:

Longest Streak

19 days (59.5 mi)

11/28/2013 - 12/16/2013
              2 wk 5 d
              3.1 mi / day

AerisAmethyst

My streak is up to 113 days and counting.

My previous longest running streak was 8 days, so this has really done wonders for my fitness. Since I started in August I'm not sure if it counts as a "holiday" running streak, though.

jpdeaux

Shovel path to road; go for a little jog and not get killed; finish shoveling. Check, check and check.

xhristopher

Sorry to hear granite.

I got in a couple insurance miles this morning but really need more. Keeping the streak alive has been easy enough but the hard part is getting the miles and workouts I need due to the weather and ice. I'm running a marathon in less than a month and I still need to pile on the miles for another week or two.

I hope it rains a lot later this week and we have a brown Christmas.

CT JEFF

I got in a couple insurance miles this morning but really need more. Keeping the streak alive has been easy enough but the hard part is getting the miles and workouts I need due to the weather and ice. I'm running a marathon in less than a month and I still need to pile on the miles for another week or two.

I hope it rains a lot later this week and we have a brown Christmas.

I hear ya. I was sick / sore last week, so my LSD was only 8.25. This week, getting milage back up, but not on track yet. 5 weeks left till FM. ordering replacement TM deck tomorrow, express shipping!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

xhristopher

I hear ya. I was sick / sore last week, so my LSD was only 8.25. This week, getting milage back up, but not on track yet. 5 weeks left till FM. ordering replacement TM deck tomorrow, express shipping!

What is your FM in 5 weeks?

npaden

Got in a 10 miler on the road yesterday morning to bring my streak to 23 days and 129 miles for an average of 5.6 miles per day.  Just 100 days and 842 miles to go to match my longest streak that I did early last year.

That also got me to 2,000 miles for the year which was my adjusted goal for the year (I started with a goal of 1,500 miles originally).

I have some hectic days still to go the rest of the year so keeping the streak alive through New Years is really my only goal going right now.  I haven't decided on any 2014 plans yet really so no training plan at all worked up after 12/31 yet.  I've been doing some MP runs around a 8:00 pace so that is a possibility of setting a 3:30 marathon goal, but no idea when or where or anything like that.

Good job everyone that still has your streaks going!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Carbs and Cabernet

Day 26. 12.1 on the TM at work gym then drove home in -2. Decided to get me some "more miles than degrees" points. 1.0 for 3 points. Could have gone farther if I'd brought gloves with me.

You make me feel like a wimp. You and another guy - we crossed paths running at 5:30 am the other day, headlamps and all.

The temperature was 17F and I had chosen to remain ignorant as to what the windchill was for fear it could make me hesitate...

The other guy was running in SHORTS and a T-SHIRT.

Day 21 for me and a bit behind my goal..62.9 miles, think 100 miles is probably not going to happen.  I will be happy with whatever I get as long as no pain.  Feeling sronger every day and trying not to push it to hard.  Actaully feel like an under acheiver compared to all of you.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Ojo

No way will I make my goal of 2400 miles for year!  I am just happy to be still streaking.  And I am really looking forward to the warm up this weekend.

Sara

MM #2929