iPad 2.0 (Read 1136 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Maybe a capacity bump?

That's what she said.

Outside Lane

Great to see Steve Jobs out there. Apple is on a tremendous roll IMHO. When was the last time so many people got excited about any other recent product announcement???

See how they run...

bhearn

I've seen those rumors.  Quadrupling the pixels (as compared to the current display) while maintaining battery life and price?  I'm skeptical, but I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool.

Well I don't know about the price and the battery life, but I do know that the current resolution doesn't cut it. And the way Apple has architected the OS, it will be difficult for them to increase the resolution without doubling it. I will be VERY surprised if we don't see that this fall.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What's it do - does it make it somehow easier to read more RA?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xhristopher

#iPad2 is now 33% thinner and 50% more absorbent.

-FSJ

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

(never mind - xchristopher is witty)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

#iPad2 is now 33% thinner and 50% more absorbent.

-FSJ

ROFLOL.... thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

I dunno, IMHO it isn't all that much of an improvement, just a little thinner and a little lighter, the resolution on the 1.0 is pretty good, the only reason I'd have to upgrade is the front/back camera, but it just isn't enough for me to get jazzed about.  I'd be more excited if they removed the java restriction Confused

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
                  My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.
                  Then brag for the rest of your life.
                  -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The new cover is worth the upgrade, no?

I didn't get the first version, but am getting iPad 2.  I'm proud of myself for having the patience to wait (unusual for me).  My work will let us get company email on the iPad, so I plan to use it for travel instead of my heavy work laptop.  I also have an iPhone and a Blackberry, so I'm not getting the 3G version- just the wifi.   I can't wait!

I like that it is thinner and lighter.  I've talked to a lot of people on planes using the iPad and the one negative was that it got a little heavy holding it to read books etc. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

the one negative was that it got a little heavy holding it to read books etc. 

Wait.  So the more eBooks i put on my iPad, the heavier it gets?

Wink

Get Lost :)

It remains to be seen how much RAM iPod slightly-less-huge has. The 256 MB of iPod huge was low, and the skeptic in me thinks artificially so (they could've had more, I think, but the custom chip architecture might have played a role). However there was one benefit from this low memory: applications had to be really clever with memory management and be pretty optimized. It was amazing to see how the application Papers improved over time for the device, and I suspect that optimization process helped it improve.

I'm holding out for a retina display to upgrade. Readability is crucial to me. With it, unfortunately, will come unwelcome increases in the size of scalar graphics. I'm already teetering on the edge of 32 GB, so I'll welcome capacity increases along with retina display.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wink

My wife's Kindle must weigh a ton by now.

jules2

It remains to be seen how much RAM iPod slightly-less-huge has. The 256 MB of iPod huge was low, and the skeptic in me thinks artificially so (they could've had more, I think, but the custom chip architecture might have played a role). However there was one benefit from this low memory: applications had to be really clever with memory management and be pretty optimized. It was amazing to see how the application Papers improved over time for the device, and I suspect that optimization process helped it improve.

I'm holding out for a retina display to upgrade. Readability is crucial to me. With it, unfortunately, will come unwelcome increases in the size of scalar graphics. I'm already teetering on the edge of 32 GB, so I'll welcome capacity increases along with retina display.

All a bit techy for me I like it because there's a white option.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Wink

yup.  Plus the colder the iPad the heavier it gets.  Cold is heavier than hot.  So if you want to read you should do it somewhere warm.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."