Can you make a shoe work? (Read 109 times)

Gizmo2019

i returned them

something is off. I tried just walking in them with loose laces. I have PF and overpronation issues so i think for people like me with "problems" i need a certain type of support...i THINK...

so ill just stick to what i know until im able to test shoes out again...

anyone know anything about this website:

http://www.broawys.com/

i think its australian but im not sure if its a scam or not bc well they are selling older model brooks' but everythings the same price...i dunno, i just hesitate buying from a new website....

That looks like a scam site to me!

BEWARE ridiculously low prices. There are a few websites that keep lists of fraud sellers, maybe see if they're on one. I humbly speak from experience; I found a portable hot water heater for camping on a website for $60 when every reputable website sells them for $250. Long story short: I was robbed of $60 and PayPal wouldn't refund me because of some sort of technicality (the company sent me an envelope with two disposable facemasks, which had a tracking number, which satisfied PayPal that I received "the item").

There's some website like that who sells all Hoka models past and present for the same price. So it must be a thing.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Gizmo2019

I thought so too at first but they are only selling 2-3 year old models??

i found this info after i looked up their address:

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.texas_peak_pty_ltd.1e8767f0108f2753f53c7bb01d0a08e2.html

im not sure....i better not, huh. its going to take too long from aussy.

Ah, only old models, ok. I thought they were selling new models at less than half price, too.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

skim1124

Running to eat

I think it varies by the runner.  For myself, I cannot run in a very cushioned shoe or one with too tight a toebox without getting injured.  I am picky out of necessity, not choice.

Out of curiosity, how many miles do you run per week.  I suspect that having the right shoe matters more when your mileage is higher.

When I'm training seriously for a race, between 70-100 mpw.  I've run 2444 miles this year.

Marathon PR: 2:52 (2006 Chicago)

Ultra #1: DNF at The North Face Thailand 100K (Feb 4, 2017)

Ultra #2: Finished in 6:53:03 at the Des Plaines River Trail Races 50M (Oct 14, 2017)

Ultra #3: Finished in 12:55:04 at The North Face Thailand 100k (Feb 1, 2020)

Ultra #4: Finished self-organized 100-miler in 19:28:53 (Oct 3, 2020)