1st in District Cross Country Trials!!! (Read 520 times)

C.J

RunningKidCJ

hey guys,

i had my district (port curtis) cross country trials today. I ran the 6k in the 16year age group, but we also ran with the 17s and opens.
    The track was a two lap 3k circuit around a golf course. The track wasnt too bad, but some parts were hard.
    I was feeling good going into the race and was hoping for a place. The start was good, i got out front early so as not to
    get caught behind the slower racers. After about 1k me and two others in the 17s and opens were leading. So i was coming first
    for the 16s at that point. This was pretty much the same all through the race. After the first lap i was at 11:57 and still feeling good.
    I started to feel fatigued in the second lap, but still pulled out a good time ending up with 24:14mins for the 6km.

I was really happy with this as i won my age group (16's) and came second overall. Now i have to go away for the regional trials
    in two weeks. I am absolutly stoked and i cant wait!!!

CJ

If they can do it, then why not me!!

Old, Slow, Happy

NICE RACE, BEANY!!!!

It sounds like you ran it just right.

WAY TO GO!!!

Congratulations!!  Great job.  I was trying to figure out why you're running XC right now, until I saw where you're from!

Good luck at regionals!