jeffdonahue (Read 878 times)

A Saucy Wench

This hamstring of mine has given you a good head start. But you better stay on task Evil grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

A call-out thread! With secret messages! ebay ureshay otay inkdray oryay ovaltine.

A Saucy Wench

I prefer dagoba Xocatl...thanks.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

#artbydmcbride

A call-out thread! With secret messages! ebay ureshay otay inkdray oryay ovaltine.
          Blush ixnay onay ehtay idginpay alktay!! Surprised

Runners run

This hamstring of mine has given you a good head start. But you better stay on task Evil grin
            Right now -- Right up Front --- I'm betting on Ennay.....Big grinSmileBig grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

jeffdonahue

Oh, a challenge! Unfortunately my ankle/achilles on my left leg has been giving me some problems the last few weeks and my mileage has completely dropped off. the girl at the running store said she noticed when I run that my left foot actually is turning in a little now (which I dont think it did before) so I am thinking I might hit a massage therapist and see if they cant straighten me out. but now that the challenge is out there, I might have to run through some pain so you dont pass me. Wink
              jeffdonahue

Right now -- Right up Front --- I'm betting on Ennay.....Big grinSmileBig grin
                Ugh, already the bets are against me - though after seeing what a machine Ennay was last year I think I might be there with you. But I'll give it my best.
                jeffdonahue

See, nothing like a gauntlet thrown down by some woman I've never met who lives clear on the other side of the country to get me motivated. I just went out and did a nice 4 miler at lunch - and apparently the competitive adrenaline that you envoked kept the pain in my ankle at bay for the entire run. Cool I still need a massage though. Big grin

A Saucy Wench

hmmm....I better get on it, I only could squeeze in 2 this morning before I ran out of time.

jeffdonahue

hmmm....I better get on it, I only could squeeze in 2 this morning before I ran out of time.
                      It sucks when life gets in the way of running. Smile
                      xor

See, nothing like a gauntlet thrown down by some woman I've never met who lives clear on the other side of the country to get me motivated.
                        I've not met jeff, but I have met ennay. Watch it. I think she can take you. Drink your ovaltine, bruddah.

Certifiably Insane

Hey, this sounds interesting! Smile I'll have to keep tabs on who's doing what. Now, I feel really out of the loop here. Where and when are you two going head to head? Anyone else on here running the same race?
                          On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
                          jeffdonahue

Well, Ennay was supposed to come out to do Boston but I think that is moot since her hamstring thingee. Any chance you want to come over and run that new 5K the day before? Otherwise, maybe we can both run Boston next year (though I havent qualified so I'll have to get a number through my running club).

A Saucy Wench

Oh Jeff is definitely faster than me. I think it will take me quite awhile to even get back to where I was 3 months ago. I'm doing tortoise and hare racing. I think I can beat him to 2000 miles. Yeah I dont see me getting to the east coast until next Boston. Although I am very seriously considering the Monkey.

jeffdonahue

Oh Jeff is definitely faster than me. I think it will take me quite awhile to even get back to where I was 3 months ago. I'm doing tortoise and hare racing. I think I can beat him to 2000 miles. Yeah I dont see me getting to the east coast until next Boston. Although I am very seriously considering the Monkey.
                                I might be a little faster, but Ennay definitely seems to have more time to train - come on.... 14 miles on EASTER!!!! I was lucky to get in 3. Damn you and your ability to do long runs (I havent run more than 10 since my marathon last year, so really I'm just jealous. But I really am going to need to step it up a notch here to try to keep up with her).