Another "holy crap jscovill" thread (Read 1020 times)

Why were you slacking off so badly on May 3. I can't figure it out. http://www.runningahead.com/logs/b07a9e4c9ed9462e9e6e98c19e249705/workouts

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

click
      Notes: ran to Fairbault and decided there weren't enough convenience stores between there and Mankato, so reluctantly turned around and ran home, which meant into the wind and back through the rolling hills. felt defeated, but improved about 10 miles later when I recognized the landmarks as they approached. sucked wind at Lebanon Hills, but improved nicely after that. Worst part was the last 4 miles across Mendota Bridge and into a full west wind. Thought about walking, but didn't. Fucking took a wrong turn in my own neighborhood whch caused the run to be 8 blocks longer. First 50 was 6 hrs, second was over 7 hrs. Didn't really care though. Just done.
        "Calories: 11,957" maybe it would have been easier to circle the earth and not have to face that headwind.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just wanna know what that boy eats before and after such a run. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I just wanna know what that boy eats before and after such a run. Tongue
              he probably ran down some game and ate it on the move. that's what our ancestors did when there was not a 7-eleven along the path.

JimR

and his Sunday long run was only 2 miles.
                  I was thinking this should be known outside the Swamp, thanks for posting it Doug. I absolutely love two things about this: 1) After running 100 miles, a two miler the next day is considered long. I bet it was. 2) Two days after running 100 miles at 7:46 pace, he hammers 16 miles at 6:27 Unfrickingbelievable.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Holy crap. I bow down to your magnificence-- that's freaking crazy (and cool at the same time).

Chris
                    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Even my 16-year-old arrogant running son was impressed!! That says a lot.

A Saucy Wench

I was thinking this should be known outside the Swamp, thanks for posting it Doug. I absolutely love two things about this: 1) After running 100 miles, a two miler the next day is considered long. I bet it was. 2) Two days after running 100 miles at 7:46 pace, he hammers 16 miles at 6:27and calls it EASY Unfrickingbelievable.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I was also amazed by the 11957 calories. Eric should add a feature that gives you feedback on your runs relative to jscovill in scovill units (store of like an asymptote I'll never reach Big grin ) and a separate tab for scovill stories (perhaps these are already cataloged in the 2000+ miles group). Cool I'm guessing, after meeting jscovill, that he'd be super upbeat after those 100+ miles.

Vim

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

The Scoville Scale. That's hot! Tongue
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The Scoville Scale. That's hot! Tongue
                              Perhaps Jeff should have his name legally changed to 'Naga Jolokia'. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Amazing

Current Goals: Run and stuff