Interim update (Read 1382 times)

#artbydmcbride

How is pressing tab harder than colon?

we're endurance athletes, not namby pamby tab pushing geeks!   ....oh wait...

nevermind..kthxbye

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

At this point of the thread Eric, I hope you're just sitting back and laughing...amused at...at...at...the audacity of it all !!!   (...just don't cry!)

+1....This thread is golden.  OUT, DAMN COLON, OUT!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

They make laxatives for that.

I'm pro tab. 

Running my way to being a little less fat.

kcam

I'm pro tab. 

Typical litmus-test runner.  I, however, can support a running log site that has a more nuanced view of the whole tab vs colon thing.

"run" "2" "eat"

How is pressing tab harder than colon?

because this is the only place where i type tab instead of colon to record my time.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

xor

I am also pro tab.  But I could type a colon.  Mostly, I don't care.

Now someone give me the magic trick to toggle AM to PM.  Is there a key for that?

Toggle. That's on my list of words I don't like.

24 hour time format is your friend. Smile

I am also pro tab.  But I could type a colon.  Mostly, I don't care.

Now someone give me the magic trick to toggle AM to PM.  Is there a key for that?

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Eric,

I'm joining this thread late.... I'm pro tab for the "Time of Day".  I like the feature since I tab through the other data entry items IF I'm on my laptom and IF I'm data entering them anyway.

However, if I'm data entering them anyway, is there a reason why the actual duration of event couldn't have the same type of feature?

(It may be in an open thread nearby, but haven't looked).

It seems like the "duration" field could be much easier to populate.

Having colon guides would be an added benefit.

If blank, the interval data below could populate the data properly.

Regardless, I've struggled before with the : and . in order to get the proper time (when entering data without the help of Garmin).

Thanks,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xor

24 hour time format is your friend. Smile

I know I could do that.

I have been watching the whole "isn't tab just as easy as colon" thing with some fascination because, well, it is to me.  But darned if I can figure out the AM/PM thing so I thought I'd ask. 

This is a tiny deal to me, but I am curious.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The tab skips the AM/PM field which is kinda counter-intuitive, but if you click on the AM/PM it will change. 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

xor

The tab skips the AM/PM field which is kinda counter-intuitive, but if you click on the AM/PM it will change. 

I know :-).

Ok, let me try again.

Is there a way to toggle the AM/PM thing with a key so that I don't have to move my hand over to my mouse.  No, it is not hard to move my hand 6 inches and click on my mouse.  Yes, I am aware of utilizing 24 hour time.  Yes, tab is just as easy as colon.  It's just kind of quirky UI that lets you do 99.99% stuff with keys but one specific thing requires a mouseclick.  It keeps making me wonder if/what I'm missing.

No, I'm not calling for anyone's head.  Just a question.

If I was doing bulk data entry, a quirk like this would be a very big deal.  But I'm not.  I don't care beyond curiosity. Although I have been called a version of 'cat' recently and don't want my curiosity to kill me.

eric :)

This is an interim update.  I don't usually upload partial changes and without more testing but there is a reason and you can blame Trent.  Eventually, the time of day field changes will be propagated to the duration field since they are very similar in function (sorry Babs).  Like I said before, this change is to help make the field clearer for new users.  I think I would be able to satisfy everyone by allowing you to type a colon to move from the hour to minute field.

I have an idea on how to toggle (sorry WayToGo) the AM/PM field, not sure if it'll be intuitive.  I don't know if I will get it done before Aug 1 but I will get it done when I get a chance.  Until then, please continue your discussion for I find it entertaining that so much time is devoted to this topic.  RA must be feature complete if there's nothing else to gripe about Wink

Eric, not sure if you saw my post, or if it was just too stupid to comment on, haha (which it may very well be). Is there any way for the custom intervals to pull data from footpods? I do a lot of my running on treadmills with my Garmin FR70 and have it auto split each mile, so I was wondering if there is a way to pull the custom intervals from that data, instead of just the GPS points from outdoor runs?

This is by no means any sort of complaint, I was just wondering if the distance data spit out by the indoor mode watches would allow you enable the same feature?

Running my way to being a little less fat.