Billy Joel or Elton John? (Read 737 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is one of those timeless songs...so much of it reminds me of what our military has been living in recent years. History repeats itself. BILLY JOEL lyrics - Goodnight Saigon We met as soul mates On Parris Island We left as inmates From an asylum And we were sharp As sharp as knives And we were so gung ho To lay down our lives We came in spastic Like tameless horses We left in plastic As numbered corpses And we learned fast To travel light Our arms were heavy But our bellies were tight We had no home front We had no soft soap They sent us Playboy They gave us Bob Hope We dug in deep And shot on sight And prayed to Jesus Christ With all of our might We had no cameras To shoot the landscape We passed the hash pipe And played our Doors tapes And it was dark So dark at night And we held on to each other Like brother to brother We promised our mothers we'd write And we would all go down together We said we'd all go down together Yes we would all go down together Remember Charlie Remember Baker They left their childhood On every acre And who was wrong? And who was right? It didn't matter in the thick of the fight We held the day In the palm Of our hand They ruled the night And the night Seemed to last as long as six weeks On Parris Island We held the coastline They held the highlands And they were sharp As sharp as knives They heard the hum of our motors They counted the rotors And waited for us to arrive And we would all go down together We said we'd all go down together Yes we would all go down together

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Our first dance song from our wedding (just like Shrek & Fiona!) - "Just the Way You Are" Don't go changing, to try and please me You never let me down before Don't imagine you're too familiar And I don't see you anymore I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble We never could have come this far I took the good times, I'll take the bad times I'll take you just the way you are Don't go trying some new fashion Don't change the color of your hair You always have my unspoken passion Although I might not seem to care I don't want clever conversation I never want to work that hard I just want someone that I can talk to I want you just the way you are. I need to know that you will always be The same old someone that I knew What will it take till you believe in me The way that I believe in you. I said I love you and that's forever And this I promise from the heart I could not love you any better I love you just the way you are.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This thread has me listening to BJ's Greatest Hits I & II. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

My favorite CD of his... My favorite songs from this CD... And So It Goes To Make You Feel My Love Hey Girl Light As The Breeze

Michelle

One of my favorite Elton CD's... Favorite songs from there... Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me Daniel Your Song

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Who can't relate to "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant"? We all knew our own Brendas and Eddies... And how about "Piano Man"? probably the best song ever in 3/4 time...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

PWL

Has been

I have equal numbers of both in my music library. Hmmm....Levon or Captain Jack? I just can't do it....

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I just have one Billy Joel song (which is too many... "We didnt start the fire"). It doesn't look look like I have any Elton pieces. I wish this guy was still around. Push and Pull

Vim

Wally & Leela

In my world, it is Absolutely Elton John...Hands Down

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. --Confucius

Now that was a bath...

Hard to say. But if I did have a gun and some spare bullets, I would lean towards Elton John.
                    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                        David Bowie
                          David Bowie
                          Funny. My 11 y/o daughter has a few of his songs on her Ipod!

Michelle

Hard to say. But if I did have a gun and some spare bullets, I would lean towards Elton John.
                            Oh, that's not nice!! Tongue

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

David Bowie
                              Oh, well he's awesome and on my playlist, too! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson