5% Winter Weight-Loss Challenge (Read 838 times)

va

Hi runners! Are you trying to lose some weight and improve your running? Looking for a little extra motivation? Want to hang with some other runners looking to lose some weight? If so, then come join the 5% Winter Weight-Loss Challenge. Participants in the challenge attempt to lose 5% of their weight by the end of winter. The challenge starts New Years Day. So, if you interested in joining, post a note to this thread with your current weight and your 5% weight-loss target. Weekly weigh-ins will occur every Monday through-out the challenge, with a weekly progress reports published every Tuesday. Everyone is welcome. Want to see how much faster you could be if you lost some weight? Check out this Predicted Effect of Weight Change calculator.
      Count me in. I'll post my weight and 5% weight loss target tomorrow morning. When is the end of winter? MTA...sorry....I've now joined the group. Thanks va
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      va

Hi evryday, the last day of winter is Monday, March 19th (good timing if you're interested in running some races in the Spring!). Smile
        va

FYI, besides weekly weigh-ins and seasonal weight-loss challenges, we also have daily threads for calorie counters and food loggers... Daily Calorie Check-Ins Is your weight-loss stalled? Are you running a lot, but not losing any weight? Need some accountability? Count the calories you eat, and the calories you burn, determine your calorie deficit, and post these numbers to the daily calorie check-in thread (e.g., Daily calorie check in for December 2007). Daily Food Log Not interested in counting calories but still want to watch what you eat? Need some accountability? Need some feedback on your diet? Interested in seeing what others are eating? Sharing what you're eating? If so, post your daily food intake to the food log thread (e.g., January Food Log).
            Weight - 195 lbs Goal - 185 lbs. This could be hard since I'm in the middle of marathon training. Selective foods it is! Not to mention I lost some weight in the off season. I'm sitting between 10-15 lbs lighter than my last marathon.
            va

Hi Ryan, Come on over, join the group, and post to this thread...
              Mr R

145 now - 138 goal

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that? -John Parker

va

Hi MrRedfern, Come on over, join the group, and post to this thread...
                  CherryDG

I'm a sucker for holiday goodies so count me in. Current weight: 116; Goal weight: 110.
                      Is it too late to get in!!!? I would love to come out of the winter 5% lighter!
                        Weight:169 Target Weight:160.5- Count Me IN!
                          Weight:169 Target Weight:160.5- Count Me IN!
                            Hi im not sure how to get involved with the 5% loss challange? can you assist me. My email address is Jtyler623@yahoo.com Thanks. jason
                            Hi runners! Are you trying to lose some weight and improve your running? Looking for a little extra motivation? Want to hang with some other runners looking to lose some weight? If so, then come join the 5% Winter Weight-Loss Challenge. Participants in the challenge attempt to lose 5% of their weight by the end of winter. The challenge starts New Years Day. So, if you interested in joining, post a note to this thread with your current weight and your 5% weight-loss target. Weekly weigh-ins will occur every Monday through-out the challenge, with a weekly progress reports published every Tuesday. Everyone is welcome. Want to see how much faster you could be if you lost some weight? Check out this Predicted Effect of Weight Change calculator.
                            va

Hi jason: 1. Click here to take you to the weigh-in thread. 2. Since you are not a member of the group yet, you can not post to it, so join the group by pressing the "Join this group!" button in the upper right hand corner. 3. Now, post your current & target weight that thread.
                              DavidR262

I'm in too. Weight 170 goal 160