the science of training and the industry of training (Read 312 times)

Send me their contact information, I'll gladly introduce myself.

Fat chance! I don't want to be blamed for some kook harassing them. Just send your contact info to all the 6A and 5A schools in Portland and Eugene and tell them you have secret knowlege about how to make people run 20% faster. Many will want to have :8 second 100 meter runners and 3:15 milers...oops, 3:00 1500 runners.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

rlopez

Update: my other friends coaching in Oregon got back to me. They've never heard of some "Nike blacklisted rogue coach", either. Another former Oregon team mate who's involved in the running industry in Oregon, but not employed with Nike, also thinks the claims are ridiculous, and has never heard about such a person.

All the respected biomechanists and kinesiologists in the running world are known and searchable online. If they have ANY success, or published papers, people know who they are.

The whole thing is a bunch of crap.

Heh. This is stuff we already knew.

Robert Lopez wrote the songs in Frozen.

Let it go.

Heh. This is stuff we already knew.

Robert Lopez wrote the songs in Frozen.

Let it go.

Ooh! but it makes me so mad when people try to pull a con artist scam! You know, like in that one song you wrote.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

. Just send your contact info to all the 6A and 5A schools in Portland and Eugene and tell them you have secret knowlege about how to make people run 20% faster.

Better yet, why don't you do it and then forward me the contact info they send you. That would be the only legitimate way to prove that no coach would let someone like me prove I know more about training athletes than they do...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Better yet, why don't you do it and then forward me the contact info they send you. That would be the only legitimate way to prove that no coach would let someone like me prove I know more about training athletes than they do...

GC100k

SPORT JESTER HAS RETURNED!!!

And it's like he never left.

Why didn't anyone tell me?

I'm kinda tearing up and having a moment here.

Ben Obert

sportjester is like star wars - you're really excited to see it back, but midway through you are hating life.

T Hound

Slower but happier

I vowed never to post hear again because it had become a somewhat unhealthy addiction,

but after seeing GC100K’s emotional appeal, i have been sucked

back in.  I have to point out to GC, you never need be without your beloved SJ again courtesy of Bhearn

http://www.hearn.to/jester-o-matic.html

(There is also a madlib version ,sorry cant recall link its up there)

I can summarize the thread so u can catch up:

1.  Jester is being Jester.

2. Some people are trying admirably? (Help me out here with adverb- innocently, incomprehensibly?)

to understand or refute him

3.  Other people try to point out that a guy named “sport jester” may infact

not be entirely in earnest

4. Some are sorrowfully pleading for an end to it all...to put out of their misery..once again for a time

5. Juvenile “Low IQ people” like myself just keep shit posting (prolonging the whole thing).

6.  Many are out there running, having successfully not taken the bait.  Myself Not included.

Sorry ive relapsed again...

(edit:  #5 a bit).

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2. Some people are trying admirably? (Help me out here with adverb- innocently, incomprehensibly?)

Or trying to reform and rehabilitate him

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

T Hound

Slower but happier

Or trying to reform and rehabilitate him

That falls under “admirably” in both the humanistic and “challenging task at hand” sense of the word.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

GC100k

I vowed never to post hear again because it had become a somewhat unhealthy addiction,

back in.  I have to point out to GC, you never need be without your beloved SJ again courtesy of Bhearn

Thanks. I'm proud to say I've gotten "Princess" directly from him in the past. His old stuff is still on the interwebs, but he disappeared completely from the internet for a few years. I feared the worst.

But now he has returned, unbowed, unbroken, unhumbled, spitting fire and picking up right where he left off with the same exact arguments and phrases. Just makes me feel warm all over. The return of an old friend.

GC100k

But I can tell you that they make the SEALs look like pups.  In fact, we've raced SJ's trainees on the Berkley Marathon course, with 180lbs in our packs, compared to the measly 135lbs his shouldering -- and those guys could barely keep up.  Also, my guys completed the course in world record time -- but it cannot be published because of the confidential nature of the team.  And I'll let you in on another little secret, not all the guys on the team are guys.  That's right, the only women to ever even complete the course were trained by me.

I can verify this. I hope I'm not giving away too much, but the women were Kenyan women who carried the 180 lbs on their heads at Barkley. Sport Jester should be thanked for his pioneering work, but only stadjak can truly explain the secret of the Kenyan women.

GC100k

Can we please have more biomimicry of this?

And what ostrich or t-rex can do this?

Mr MattM

I haven't been on RA in a long time.

What have I missed?  Anything?

be curious; not judgmental

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Nice summary.  A couple of inline responses below.

(There is also a madlib version ,sorry cant recall link its up there)

I'm responsible for the madlib version:

http://lincolndietrichs.org/story/coach

I can summarize the thread so u can catch up:

1.  Jester is being Jester.

Maybe the word you're looking for is naïvely?

3.  Other people try to point out that a guy named “sport jester” may infact

not be entirely in earnest

4. Some are sorrowfully pleading for an end to it all...to put out of their misery..once again for a time

5. Juvenile “Low IQ people” like myself just keep shit posting (prolonging the whole thing).

6.  Many are out there running, having successfully not taken the bait.  Myself Not included.

Sorry ive relapsed again...

(edit:  #5 a bit).

Gotta say, his presence does liven things up around here.