Good for her, bad for me. (Read 1062 times)

Ok, I'm only kidding about the bad for me. I just had to share this one. My dear wife, who has tolerated my running obsession for two years, decided to start running today. Mind you, it's -8 degrees and the streets are snow covered but she is a trooper and wanted to have a go at it. I went along with the expectation that, like me, her first run would consist of maybe 1k and that it would be stopping for walk breaks every 50 meters or so. Well, not so much. God love her, she ran the first 1.5k without stopping. After maybe a 100 meter walk break she then finished the second k! See, that's impressive to me. It took me probably 2 months to run a k without stopping and I don't even want to talk about 2k. So I just wanted to post this to give her props. Good for her. Of course, we all know what this means. It won't be long now before there is someone else passing me on my runs. Sigh.
    And who am I anyway?
    Just another fat jogger, evidently.
      *chuckles* Have fun getting passedWink
      You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
      Geoff Means

Don't worry, you'll get used to it Smile When my wife and I go out on a run together she usually doesn't stay with me for too long - I "run too slow."
          That is awesome! Good for her, and good for you. It'll be fun. Smile

Michelle

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Great job on her part. I have been running for 20 years and I doubt if I would go run at -8 degrees. WOW!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Well she gets a point for more miles than degrees on her first outing!

-------------------------------------
              5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
              10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
              1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
              Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Well she gets a point for more miles than degrees on her first outing!
                Very impressive -- I have never managed more miles than degrees myself, not even once. Bravo.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Maggie & Molly

I'm bowing in admiration.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                  Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Oh this is not a good thing, lol. She did her third run today... the third run of her life and she banged out 5k without stopping. It took me six months to work up to 5k. Is it possible to be proud of someone and secretly hate them at the same time? Ok, I don't hate her. I'm just telling myself that she won't get much faster. She won't... right?
                    And who am I anyway?
                    Just another fat jogger, evidently.

A Saucy Wench

Think of it this way, you will get to spend a lot of time admiring her butt.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Geoff Means

Think of it this way, you will get to spend a lot of time admiring her butt.
                        Yeah, but that only lasted two minutes on Monday morning before she was too far head of me to see her butt Smile
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, my, your wife sounds like my husband!! I know exactly how you feel. He hardly EVER runs, and then does a 10K 25 minutes faster than I do! It's not fair. Oh, well. The important thing is that our spouses are running, right?!?

Right on Hereford...

Oh this is not a good thing, lol. She did her third run today... the third run of her life and she banged out 5k without stopping. It took me six months to work up to 5k. Is it possible to be proud of someone and secretly hate them at the same time? Ok, I don't hate her. I'm just telling myself that she won't get much faster. She won't... right?
                            Wrong. If she keeps running, she will keep getting faster. This is not a fluke. Some people, through no fault of their own, simply start at a different level than others. In order to keep up with her, you are going to have to work your butt off. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Cry By the way, I can understand. You & your wife / running = me & my wife / swimming