Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

Sandi Sue

Cool My most outrageous adventure to date was the Bighorn Mountain Wild & Scenic Endurance Run not far from the Montana border in Wyoming. A splendid run through some amazing mountains and river canyons not too far from Sheridan, Wy. I guess I love the trails because it get's me out in God's creation. Now it's your turn...what get's you jazzed up???Lynn B
    Jlynn, I'm wondering about this Bighorn Mountain endurance run. I'm interested in either the 30K or the 50K. How difficult was it? How much training did you put into it to complete your distance (50M?)?

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

You'll ruin your knees!

Jlynn, I'm wondering about this Bighorn Mountain endurance run. I'm interested in either the 30K or the 50K. How difficult was it? How much training did you put into it to complete your distance (50M?)?
      Since I did the 50 mile race at Bighorn, I have had a few more "adventures"... I have written about most of them. The Bighorn race write-up I did for the 50 Mile is found here http://www.nttr.org/assets/bighorn_mountain_wild.pdf and the 100 Mile race here http://www.nttr.org/html/bighorn2007_lballard.htm. If you want more specifics, please feel free to email me at lynn dot ballard at pepsico dot com.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Welcome Christie and Dave! Good to have you here!
        Thanks, great to be here....The only thing that kind of stinks is no "email notification" on the forums....I don't always remember to drop back in and check for new posts... That's the ONLY near-complaint though, so that says alot of this awesome site...
        "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
          Hi everyone! My name is Meghan. I'm 26 and live in L.A. I've been keeping my log on this site for a while and reading threads and finally figured it's time I posted! I was a long & triple jumper when I ran track in HS and college and since then have been slowly making the transition to distance runner. After taking some time off this late summer/early fall, I'm easing back into the groove of daily runs!
            Welcome Dave and Meghan!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

tanstaafl

Endorphin Addict

Greetings and salutations. My name is Scott, I'm 45 and live in Sacramento, CA. I'm a middle-aged onset athlete - I was a jazz band jock in high school and college - that considers himself a cyclist that is also slowly but surely becoming an OK runner. I've done a Oly triathlon, 2 duathlons, and a bunch of 5Ks, 10Ks, 3 half-marys and I'm preparing for my first full marathon, the California International here in Sacramento, on Dec. 2nd. This season's training emphasis has been on running for me. Why do I run? Because its fun!
              Two bikes, Two Legs, Two Feet...
              runnrchic

I'm about to go out on a 5 mi. run along the beach. After cross country in h.s. and over 10 years of running, i've finally decided to run my 1st 1/2 marathon in Jan. view my blog: www.confessionsofarunner.com Cool -Jodi
                  Hello! My name is Jen. I'm 26 and live in Richmond, VA. I started running about 2 years ago when I decided I wanted to do a triathlon. Since then, I've run 3 half-marathons. I started training for my first marathon this summer, but got sidelined for a few months with a tibial stress fracture. Now, I'm recovered and getting back into training full time. I'm currently training for the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon in March in Virginia Beach. I'm planning on doing Marine Corps as my first marathon next October (I deferred from this year). Why do I run? Initially because I had to if I wanted to be a triathlete. I've actually started enjoying running for running's sake, which has really surprised me!
                    Hi everybody, I've never replied to the forum before, but after today I wanted too. I just started running 3 years ago when my son went off to college, we used runningahead to keep track of each other (he got me into it because he ran all through High School and loves it). I have only run 5 & 10k's, and enjoy it very much, I have lost 36 lbs in the last year and ran in a 5k today ..... 3:51 seconds faster then I did in the same event last year. 21:20, not real fast by alot of the groups standards, but a PR for me and finally broke the 7:00 mile ....
                      Congrats on the new PR Rstew60 and welcome to RA to you, Jen, Jodi, and Scott!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Scout7

Greetings to the new people! Gee, some of you look familiar......
                        Diego

We came here to haunt you.... Anyway, I am Diego and live in Charleston, South Carolina. This month marks 1 year that I have been running. In that time I have completed 5 5Ks, 2 10K, 3 sprint tri's and a half marathon. I am currently training for the Disney Marathon in January. With Scout's help, last month was my highest mileage to date and a half marathon time that was 2 minutes faster than my goal time.
                            I don't know what you're talking about. Wink
                            Rynamite

I'm Ryan. Running was never something I enjoyed, actually I hated it. I was a weightlifter and mountain biker in high school and college... and the only reason I did cardio was to look good. Last year around this time, I decided I was going to do my first sprint triathlon (not sure why, but I'm so glad I did) which obviously involves running. Over the past few months, I've taken a liking to running... and that liking keeps growing. Scout has helped me also, he's a good 'motivator'. I've run a half dozen 5K's, my sprint triathlon... and some other short races. I'm seriously throwing around the idea of running a marathon next fall. Why do I run? It keeps me sane, and makes me feel good. Great to see some familiar faces around here as well.

I'm Ryan. Running was never something I enjoyed, actually I hated it.
                                It becomes addicting! This is a good thing.

Run to Win
                                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)