Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

hollles

holly 36 arlington,tx i've only been running about a year and i'm enjoying it a lot. want to do the white rock half marathon in dallas this winter. then want to complete 2 marathons before i'm 40. i enjoy running, but i don't enjoy sweating, so i like winter runs better than summer, lol. esp here in texas.
    Crazy Train

I'm Jenny, 29 yrs old, from Milwaukee, WI. I'm a newer runner and am on my 6th week. I love it so much!! Big grin I'm training for a 15K at the end of October (the Lakefront Discovery Run) and will possibly extend that to a half marathon in the middle of November (Tyrannena Beer Run). I'm hoping to do my first marathon next spring... possibly the one in Green Bay. I graduated from MU Law School just over two years ago and now I'm just working and feel like I really need something more in my life that I am doing just for me. Running is turning out to really be the perfect answer... not to mention a great stress reliever!!! I also want to say that I LOVE this website!!! Eric, you are doing an AWESOME job!!! I love reading about what everyone else is up to. It gets me motivated to get out and keep running!!

Runnin' from the law.

You'll ruin your knees!

WELCOME Justin/Isaac/Holly/Jenny!!!! Glad you all made it here! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Vim

Hi. I'm Jeremy, an American living in Tokyo. I used to run a lot, had an eleven-year gap and am now getting back into it at age 35. I should be running now, but there's a big typhoon going on here and I'm not that hard-core yet. After logging my runs, I usually lurk in the forums for a few minutes. I'll try to participate from here on out. Any Tokyo runners out there?

Jeremy

Hello everyone! My name is Sara, and I'm from St. Louis, MO - home of the World Champion Cardinals. I've been running for a few years now, off and on. I love the solitude and peacefulness of running after a long day at work. Tuning everything out except the sound of my feet on the pavement and the wind on my face. You can usually find me running around my neighborhood on the streets and trails in Kirkwood...usually with my furry and ever-energetic companion, Mally. I've been logging on RA for about a year and lurking in the forums for a while now. I've recently starting posting in an effort to stay motivated! It's been a long hot summer and I haven't been great about sticking to my traininig schedule. I'm running my thrid half marathon next weekend (9/16) and am mildly terrified about crashing in the middle of the race. I'm counting on adrenaline and endorphins to get me to the finish line. I'm not a competitive racer (and terribly slow), but would eventually like to take it to the next level and become more serious about my running. Can't wait to meet you all!
                I'm living in Brantford, Ontario right now and have been running for about 4 or 5 months now. I started over a year ago and didn't listen to any of the advice given here or anywhere else and ended up hurting my legs so badly that it took almost a year before they didn't hurt when I ran. The longest race I have completed is a 5K but my first 10 is coming up. I hope to run a HM next year and maybe if that goes well maybe think about a full.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

I'm a runner in Nashville (the one in TN) who has gotten back into running too much after about 10 years of not running enough. I will have been running for 30 years this November and will be "celebrating" by running the Flying Monkey Marathon (hi Tent!) for the second time. It will be marathon #13--an unfortunate number to have associated with a race where venomous flying primates lurk above in the trees.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

djh15

join the improving your 5k group in the user group section

Soar like an eagle...

Hi, Heidi here from Kingston, Canada. Been running for about 11 1/2 years now. Run 4-5x per week, mostly before work in the early am. Never used to be an early riser, but running sure makes you do things , you never thought possible before! Just discovered in the spring of this year that I have a gluten allergy, which greatly affected my running ability over the last year ( hind sight) and I'm still dealing with the adjsutment. But, wow, what a difference when I stick to the gluten free diet... wow, watch out...
                      kja_26.2

Hey - I'm Kevin and just found this site today, it's great! I'm from Long Island, New York and have been running on again off again for the past 18 years. I'm training for the NYC Marathon, and am always looking for motivation and advice. I've always loved running, particularly long distances - I'd rather run 15 miles slowly than 5 miles fast any day of the week Cool

Into the wild

Welcome Heidi and Kevin...nice to meet you both. You might think about making your logs public; you make yourself more accountable and if you have any questions later it is helpful for folks to see how you arrived at where you are today Smile

Shut up and run

Now that was a bath...

Tanya - any friend of Trent's is...well is probably a little bit weird. Which is alright by us. Hey, you don't know any good looking men called Noah do you? Welcome to the rest of ya.
                          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                              George -33 Rockwall, TX What am I doing: Trying to survive another summer of running in Texas. High temperature, humidity and dew points....good times! I've only been running a couple of years, but haven't looked back since starting. Training for White Rock Marathon in December.