Getting a Boner mid-run (Read 5326 times)

xor

Mercifully, no one has responded with the ubiquitous "This thread is useless without pictures"
    That's because this thread is only worthwhile without pictures.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

This week's sign of the apocalypse: It took Globule over 16 hours to show up on the boner thread.
      Sorry, I was on one of those long car rides.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

#artbydmcbride

Oh the silky smooth liner.
        Yes...go on.......

Runners run

This gives a whole new meaning to the question "How hard did you run today????" Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Or is it hard to run that far???? Evil grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

Hey, nice marmot!

What is a "boner"?
            I'm pretty sure he's talking about this guy: Or maybe this guy: Either way, my answer is no.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Running Dad

I think that if that ever happened to me, which it hasn't, I'd be concerned, but if it ever does, thank god for the compression layer. I live in a really small town with a really public job. But seriously, no seriously, forget it.. I can't go on with this one.. To much.. *shakes head
              Things to do this year:
              Not get an injury
              Things done this year:
              Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??
                I think that if that ever happened to me, which it hasn't, I'd be concerned, but if it ever does, thank god for the compression layer. I live in a really small town with a really public job. But seriously, no seriously, forget it.. I can't go on with this one.. To much.. *shakes head
                Definitely wouldn't want the situation to arise while performing CPR Wink

When I was in high school, I used to have that problem. Didn't help that we had pretty tight white shorts. At one indoor track meet, I finished a race when a couple of East Hampton girls came up to chat with me. They pointed out that I was sticking out. Glanced down, tucked myself back in, went about my day. Dated one of them for a while not too long after that. I haven't had much "trouble" with that sort of thing since puberty ended, but on occasion I'll be thinking of my wife on a run and that is how I know I need to pay more attention to where I'm running.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

jfa

Here's a solution. Carry this picture with you when you run.When the need arises,just whip it out. (no the picture)

Lane

That will definately not help.
                        Here's a solution. Carry this picture with you when you run.When the need arises,just whip it out.
                        Picture's not displaying, is it Margaret Thatcher? Janet Reno?

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Ostrich runner

It always used to strike me on the bus on the way to meets. Something about shaky old bus suspensions, shorts liners, and girls in skimpy clothing...

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I thought the post about the dump was out there on a limb, but it turned out to be legit question, and so I would say this, first its a good sign of good blood flow and hormones moving around in the body, but it is a brain stimulation that starts the action, so you must be daydreaming out there about some hottie, so I would get an IPOD or some music to put your mind on other things; otherwise, you could wear compression shorts in order hide it more than shorts with just a lining, slinging it like in a Western movie might be dangerous.
                            Lane

I thought the post about the dump was out there on a limb, but it turned out to be legit question, and so I would say this, first its a good sign of good blood flow and hormones moving around in the body, but it is a brain stimulation that starts the action, so you must be daydreaming out there about some hottie, so I would get an IPOD or some music to put your mind on other things; otherwise, you could wear compression shorts in order hide it more than shorts with just a lining, slinging it like in a Western movie might be dangerous.
                              <joke>So you're saying this might be a time when wearing an iPod in order to not listen to your body is a good thing?</joke>

Running Dad

after thinking about this some more just wanted to add this... your cardio must be freakin awesome if you can just divert the extra blood and oxygen to an unneeded muscle. Tongue unneeded at that time I mean MTA:
                                Definitely wouldn't want the situation to arise while performing CPR Wink
                                funny you should mention that.. Tight lipped
                                Things to do this year:
                                Not get an injury
                                Things done this year:
                                Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??