Your Favorite Races (Read 76 times)

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

What are your favorite races--any distance, any location?

Why did they make your list?

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
    5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

Trying new things in 2023:  March HM -- Finish in one piece. 

an amazing likeness

Here's a few...

race where why
      Blueberry Cove Half St George ME small field, handmade bibs from 4H kids, coastal roads mocking your training (yes that was a coffin maker's shop near the crest of that hill), turnaround at Forest Gump lighthouse
      Seacoast Half Portsmouth NH spectacular course with great 'flow', top-notch organization = zero friction pre-during-post race
      Robert Burns 10K Westbrook ME perfectly old-school race: 'start here, follow the pink arrows on sticks, look out for traffic, finish there, go!' in January weather
      Close to Coast 10K Freeport ME challenging course, win a pie for AG awards, BBQ & beer bash afterwards in park
      Covered Bridges Half Woodstock VT beautiful point-to-point course from ski area down a river (can be hard to get entry)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Wow! Those all sound lovely.

an amazing likeness

Wondering if you tackled any of the suggested races from your previous ask ?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Yes! That's what inspired me to branch out on the distance part of the question, but I couldn't find the old thread on my phone! Thanks for linking.

Wondering if you tackled any of the suggested races from your previous ask ?

rlopez

Flying Monkey in Nashville because Trent sucks. 

Javelina Jundred near Phoenix because I suck.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Best answer yet!

Flying Monkey in Nashville because Trent sucks. 

Javelina Jundred near Phoenix because I suck.

zebano

Living History Farms in Des Moines Iowa because XC races with lots of competitors, creek crossings and mud are just a lot of fun and it's short enough I still feel like I'm running fast (historically anything 8k - 8miles changes by year).

Psycho Wyco in Kansas for similar reasons but it's got some solid hills to go with the mud but it's in second place because the 10 mile option isn't very popular and by the time I'm 5 miles into the race I'm usually running solo.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)