Pet Pictures! Aaaannnnd - GO! (Read 1553 times)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

That's a Very Lucky Bad Dawg... Smile

Liz

pace sera, sera

Queen of 3rd Place

As for weird foods...are my cats the only ones that go absolutely insane for olives (green or black)?  Watermelon and corn-on-the-cob go over well, too.  Our late Gus also liked those mini pretzel sticks.  He would walk around with one in his mouth...always looked like he had a stogey.

Growing up, we had a cat who just LOVED the smell of Ben-Gay ointment. If you used it, he would come sit by you and sniff you and maybe even drool a little. Since he had lost his front teeth, his tongue would stick out when he did this. Pretty cute.

Ex runner

Finally.  And, by the way, screw you, Flickr.

Puddy as a puppy.

Now, he's older and less excitable.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

servingthealiens

Growing up, we had a cat who just LOVED the smell of Ben-Gay ointment. If you used it, he would come sit by you and sniff you and maybe even drool a little. Since he had lost his front teeth, his tongue would stick out when he did this. Pretty cute.

Holy crap, Darwin too.  I can't wear an Icy Hot patch, Vicks Vaporub, or anything like that without getting licked to death.  I can't imagine how any sentient being would want to EAT VAPORUB, but he does.

Props for bananas too.  And peanut butter.  LOVES the stuff.  When he got sick with pancreatitis in Feb, the ONLY thing I could get him to ingest was PB shakes:  kitten milk replacer mixed in the blender with PB.  Saved his life, I swear.  It was the only way I could get any calories into him at all.  At first the vet was all "Uh... he's not a kitten, and cats don't eat peanuts" but then I was like "Yeah but it beats dying" and she was all "My bad.  If PB shakes are what he wants, give him PB shakes.  By the way.  Steroids.  He needs them." 

Well, maybe not EXACTLY like that.  I have a tendency to embellish. 

I should have just made him a PB and banana sandwich and named him Elvis. 

BTW, not only do I want an Italian greyhound because this one rocks, but now I want one just  TO name him Rapido.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...our Thor also likes PB, but ONLY Smucker's Natural (because he has good taste).  He won't bother us for any other kinds, natural or otherwise.  And 2 of our cats have a thing for salad dressing; ranch, in particular.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LOVE that last picture of Chui!  That dog knows how to relax.

Goofy, and believe me, he IS his name.  Only cat I've ever seen that walks like a duck with his back feet.  He loves me to death, almost to the point he drives me crazy, and he loves to give head rubs:

Wilson the Wonder Kitty (in the pot) and Chico.  Wilson is currently my 3:30 a.m. alarm clock.  His timing is impeccable.  I just wish he'd wait an hour.

This is an older pic of Ziggy aka Tony Maroni (on the left) and Wilson the Wonder Kitty (on the right). 

I don't have a pic available at the moment of Mr. Mr., but he's a long-haired black and white onery little thing we inherited from a neighbor.  He's one of those who looks innocent, but in reality is a little turd.

At one point we had five black cats.  Alas, two are gone:

Our old guy, Fatso (far right on the couch seat) died last year at 19.  BK (top of the couch) was the only feral cat I've tamed.  He would do the "kitty dance" on the bed, then flop over without warning and present his belly for rubs.  He got really sick and couldn't rally out of it, although we gave it the good fight.  He died a few months before Fatso.  I still miss the little rugger.

This is a great thread.  Thanks for starting it!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I remember when you first posted the photo with all the black cats...so jealous.  That many black cats can't be bad luck (for you or the cats)! Big grin

Did you know that black cats are the hardest to find homes for in shelters (because so many people are superstitious asswipes)?  We've already decided that someday (when we don't have 4 cats) we'll adopt a black adult cat from a nearby no-kill shelter.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I also have a cat named Ziggy. He doesn't take crap from dogs.

He enjoys romping on the bed,

and things knit by hand.

Mostly, he lives the good life.

how do you look away from this? ^ ^ ^

Jazz hands!

This is Sinbad:

He is the snootiest cat ever, about 4 years old (we've had him for 2), and enjoys covert snuggles (only when I'm asleep), ribbon on a stick, knocking books off the bookshelf and lounging behind them, boxes, and helping the humans play board games, usually by knocking the important pieces to the floor. He is 100% convinced he could take down a crow and frequently shares this opinion with them from the balcony.

This is Zelda:

Despite appearances, she's fullgrown (about a year and a half) and was a stray until we got her from a shelter in January. She enjoys bothering Sinbad, attacking shoelaces, eating anything food-related (her food, Sinbad's food, fish, shrimp, broccoli, pasta, bread, mushrooms, tomatos...), demanding ear scritches when the humans are trying to play video games, and Under The Covers Land, preferably while we are asleep.

It's my understanding that cats sleep all day and mostly ignore the humans but these two seem to be dogs in cat bodies, since they need to be in the same room as the humans at all times, are constantly running back and forth, and enthusiastically greet and investigate every single visitor who comes through our door.

run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Oh roo roooo!

What a bunch of great-looking critters (altho I AM partial to dogs rather than cats)!

We had a greyhound/lab mix that had similar ideas about relaxation as Chui does.  Greyhounds are such beautiful dogs; I love their faces!  They appear so aristocratic and elegant--then they sleep wi/their butts in the air and so on, totally ruining THAT illusion...

Doesn't have to be your running buddy, hell, it can be a pet that doesn't even have legs.  Let's see 'em:

Ceiling Cat

I had a white boy cat like that too!  He too was the love of my life.   With his pink ears, nose, and toes!    He lived till he was 19!

- Anya

Turbolegs

Nice pics everyone.

Statistically, it seems to me, that there is a higher probability of one being a runner if his/her pet was a cat rather than a dog or a seal/walrus. Smile

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh roo roooo!

Trent, I particularly like your dog's vampire imitation....