My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

Mr MattM

Thanks, Melody!  Have you been having a knee issue?  I apologize for not knowing, but I'm relatively new to these parts... Glad your run was so enjoyable... I love those kind of runs!

I cut today's run to 11 miles because of pain in my big toe.  I put a small gash in it yesterday on the corner of a shower door and it did not want to go running... what was at first 'mild discomfort' turned into a mild searing pain.  No big deal, though.  I'll take the 11 and be happy.  Weather forecasts show upwards of 10" more inches of snow starting tomorrow... so I've got that going for me.  Hrumpf.  Smile

be curious; not judgmental

Hi MattM Yeah, I had a very painful ITBand flare up. It seems to be resolved with foam roller, ice, and stretches though...so it's all good! Thanks for asking. Bummer about your toe!! Ouch. Heal quickly.

What a great 5.5 mile run this morning! I started out thinking maybe 3.5 miles, then decided it was such a beautiful morning (35 degrees and sunny) that I'd explore a new route. So I wandered a bit on my country roads. It was so fun and lovely! Quite hilly too, which was nice. Knee felt fine and I had lots of good strong energy. We're getting a major storm tonight into tomorrow, so I may not get my five running days in a row. It's not so much about running the inclement weather (which I would do) but more about staying out of the way of our town plows as a courtesy.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Mr MattM

Forgot to post yesterday... I squeeze a 6 miler into an otherwise busy day.  Some days I just have to make the time.

Last night we got a load of snow dumped on us, so I hiked it up to my neighborhood gym and ran 17 on the TM.  I wore the wrong running shorts and chafed so bad I had blood in my socks.  Yeah.  Ouch.  I am sitting in loose-fitting shorts with my legs spread open to allow as much air as possible to dry out the chafed area... TMI?  Sorry 'bout that.

Hope everyone's running!

Matt That's terrible! Sad Poor you. Sounds like it's time for some new running gear.

Mr MattM

Matt That's terrible! Sad Poor you. Sounds like it's time for some new running gear.

Thankfully, I recover quickly.  The shorts are fine for outdoors or shorter TM runs.  It's just with limited air movement on the TM and running for so long I was soaked in sweat from head to toe... didn't even notice the chafing during the run.  I have other running shorts that don't cause this issue, but I wasn't thinking about it when I packed the gym bag.  Lesson learned?  We'll see...

Well, the roads were clear enough today that I made it to the office.  Hello work.  Nice to see you again.  Let's get some coffee, m'kay?

Happy Wednesday, Melody, and all you other kooky kids!

Big grin

Revenge of the Nerd

I wore the wrong running shorts and chafed so bad I had blood in my socks. 

Opportunity knocks.  Curt Schilling's bloody sock sells for $92,612.50

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Mr MattM

Opportunity knocks.  Curt Schilling's bloody sock sells for $92,612.50

Well, hell... I've already washed them... Blush

I ran a lovely 3.6 miles in my Berkshire Mountains! That makes three running days in a row and I'm so happy that I'm still feeling strong. The woods and fields were cloaked in a thick heavy fog but it was reasonably warm at 35 degrees. It was quite dreamy and magical.

Mr MattM

After a non-running Wednesday I managed all of 2 miles today at lunch.  I'm trying to whip up a running frenzy that I can channel later tonight...

I'm trying to whip up a running frenzy that I can channel later tonight...

Channel it Matt!

crasdmek

My last run was a 6x880 Interval Session on the treadmill.  1 Mile Warmup, 1/2 mile intervals with 3 minute rest.  I don't like running on the treadmill so much, but find that I must to keep from getting foot pains from running too much on asphalt.  If not on the treadmill or the road, the local trails are my choice for easy or long days.

Mr MattM

I got in a fast 5 at lunch and had time for the sauna, too!  Lovin' the Friday feelin'...

fro yo fanatic

This morning on the treadmill at the gym - 6.5miles of a ladder progression, then 1.5mile walk on an incline as a cool down.

degregorius

Well, Mr MattM, I think I got the ladders right this time.  After a week of inactivity, I thought I'd restart small.  I was tempted to do an LSD today, but...nah...tomorrow will be warmer.  30 something.

So it was over to the Y track for 3miles worth of ladders.  This time, more sensible pacing.  Also I took a break between each mile to record the quarter splits.  That may have helped, too.

After that, some time spent on the dreadmill trying to replicate hill repeats.

Ya see, dis flatlander from Chicago has signed up for the Madison Marathon.  Dey got hills up dere.

But the early registration fee was cheaper than Chicago's.

I did it! Five running days in a row. Yay. That makes 20 miles this week and the last week of of my "Pre-Training" Now on to my real 10K training. It was a little more chilly (about 30 degrees) than I thought with the wind. Felt pretty darn good considering the 5 in 5.