Competitive Jerks Racing and Training - 2023 (Read 574 times)

Fishyone

Piwi- They'd never let me in Maybe for a vacation though...  Farm raised in NZ is fine.  Although I stay away from the farm raised shrimp/talapia from some areas of the world because I'm not sure about the waters they are raised in.  My record rainbow was 11Lbs.  Saltwater I've caught Shark (480LB), Tuna (250LB), Sailfish and Marlin.  And of course the "one that got away" was a bluefin tuna that must have been 500LB+ but it snapped me off after a 3-4 hour fight.  I felt like I had run a marathon (see I brought all of this back to running).

5K 18:36 (2023), 10K 39:40 (2022), 1/2 1:24:37 (2023), full 2:58:36 (2015) 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Are we ever going to see a millennial win a Moose Mug on this thread?  Do we need the cheater shoes to be even more springy for that to happen?

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Marky_Mark_17

Are we ever going to see a millennial win a Moose Mug on this thread?  Do we need the cheater shoes to be even more springy for that to happen?

Not a lot of millennials on the thread with JMac being absent. Maybe only mmerkle and RP? But I could be wrong on that.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Runway5 / National 5k Champs, 16:22, National Masters AG Champ!

Up next: Still working on that...

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

JoshWolf

Part of TLC

How old moose muggers on average? I guess those millennials are just still too young.

Don't hurry - next AG will start 2026

Just imagine if there was an additional marathon thread and you decided to run another one….that would mean that you could post your weeklies on THREE separate threads each week!!!

I lurk just for the day that we get a gold nugget like this from Mikkey...Smile

Last night I dropped just over $10k (NZD) on tickets to Boston for next April. Flight gets in at 11.30...pm!! That's gonna be fun with two small kids!

50+ age-group PBs:  Half Perish 1:24:24 (June '23 Road Race) - 10km 37:52 (2022 Local Road Champs) - Track 5km 18:49 (Aug '22) - Perish Run 3:17:42

2024 Goals: Boston Perish Run Sub 3:15 - Road/Track 10km Sub 37:30 - 5km Sub 18:20

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Not a lot of millennials on the thread with JMac being absent. Maybe only mmerkle and RP? But I could be wrong on that.

mmerkle…possibly.

RP…very unlikely.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

mmerkle…possibly.

RP…very unlikely.

Unlikely I’m a millennial, or unlikely I’ll participate?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

mmerkle

Give me a few more years (born in 94, I think that makes me a millennial correct?). And my sub 3 was NOT in cheater shoes, by the way. On top of that it rained in the last 10k, making my feet wet and heavier.

Also, I think dktrotter is also a millennial.

TBH I don't know what I am , I could google it but I never really put people in these categories.

Hash that's exciting news. Good luck with the training.

Fishy that's an awesome catch. They have a couple of amazing Bluefin fisheries here. Seem to be in our winter.

Merkle good luck for the 5k.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Give me a few more years (born in 94, I think that makes me a millennial correct?). And my sub 3 was NOT in cheater shoes, by the way. On top of that it rained in the last 10k, making my feet wet and heavier.

Also, I think dktrotter is also a millennial.

You are my second favourite millennial on this thread and I have faith in you. 👍

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

This comment sounds surprisingly millennial for a boomer.

* insert Kelso's BURN!!! meme * 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Piwi - Just run the damn thing 😁

Hashi - Holy Moly!!! What the hell is going on with those flights? I mean, Portugal to Japan is around 1000USD, likewise to Brazil. How come a flight from NZ is 10x more, even accounting for a family of 4 😵

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: some 800m race (or time trials) / Also place in the top 20% in a trail race

Tool to generate Strava weekly

JoshWolf

Part of TLC

Hashi - Holy Moly!!! What the hell is going on with those flights? I mean, Portugal to Japan is around 1000USD, likewise to Brazil. How come a flight from NZ is 10x more, even accounting for a family of 4 😵

Well, first of all, because it isn't . Hashi is talking NZD, not USD. Next question might be one way <-> return?

Don't hurry - next AG will start 2026

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Well, first of all, because it isn't . Hashi is talking NZD, not USD. Next question might be one way <-> return?

Ah, it was Kiwi dollars, now it all makes sense.

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: some 800m race (or time trials) / Also place in the top 20% in a trail race

Tool to generate Strava weekly

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Apparently there are 22 countries besides the US that designate their currency as a dollar.  Needless to say that confuses a lot of US travelers.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

TBH I don't know what I am , I could google it but I never really put people in these categories.

You are Gen X.

Dave