Black Running Shoes (Read 1373 times)

an amazing likeness

I'm still a newb around these parts but I've learned two things. (2) If you put the word 'shoes' in the title ZZ will post within an hour.
    I'm not sure it even takes the word 'shoes'...just post something...anything. Smile

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I recently purchased my 4th pair of GT 2130's and DW urged me to get a new color. I ended up with these...they make me look slower than I really am. I feel like such a dork running in them. Payton Manning wears black shoes and looks slow as hell. Anyone else run in black shoes?
      I bought a pair of black 2110's a few years ago. Not my favorite, but I save them to run on muddy days.

I admit - I don't really care what color my shoes are. I have a range from white to blue to gray to bright red. Now black socks - that means 1 of 2 things. 1. You are a dork. or 2. You are so fast that you can afford to look like a dork without being one. Had a friend in high school whose sole goal every race that this one rival team was at was to beat their albino. I think that's why he wore black socks.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Now that was a bath...

Had a friend in high school whose sole goal every race that this one rival team was at was to beat their albino. I think that's why he wore black socks.
          Did all teams have an albino than? I remember when my daughter was about 14, she said to me 'When I am older I want to have albino twins and dress them really freaky and walk down the road with them so everybody stares.' Nice to know I brought her up right. Black shoes, nada Rosie. I like my men tipped in pale.
        • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
        • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
            Now black socks - that means 1 of 2 things. 1. You are a dork. or 2. You are so fast that you can afford to look like a dork without being one.
            Hey! I have a pair of black (well, there's some grey in them) Nike socks and pure black Injinjis. Am I dork? (Let's go back about 6 years to let my then-about 5-year-old nephew answer that. Scene: Grilling on my deck. I'm wearing my toque [chef's hat.] "Matthew: Does uncle Danny look cool or like a dork?" [This is prompted by jabbing from my wife and BIL.) Matthew: "Like a dork." Ouch.) Unsure how fast I have to be to outrun dorkdom. But you'll never catch me in black running shoes. Sorry, Marcus.
              think of it this way- you can wear them to work and they will stand out less than most other running shoes!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

The Greatest of All Time

Unsure how fast I have to be to outrun dorkdom. But you'll never catch me in black running shoes. Sorry, Marcus.
                You know, I think I am going to wear them next month at the Rockford Marathon. How would you like to get passed by some 'dork' wearing black shoes? Big grin And if I have a crap race I can always blame the shoes. Wink
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  You don't just need black socks to go with them, you need HIGH black socks (think Steve Magness, for those of you who really follow track).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

The Greatest of All Time

You don't just need black socks to go with them, you need HIGH black socks (think Steve Magness, for those of you who really follow track).
                    That's a bit much, don't you think? Big grin
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                      I just sent an email to Brooks because I recently switched from 2130s to Adrenalines and thought it unfair that they only offer black for men, but not for women. I loved my black running shoes! Now I'm stuck with disco metallic colors on white, boo hoo.
                        Now black socks - that means 1 of 2 things. 1. You are a dork. or 2. You are so fast that you can afford to look like a dork without being one.
                        Let's not forget 3: You happen to like dorky socks. I like my black Jock Sox. At one race, there was a fellow in mid-calf sport argyles. Been looking for them ever since.

I wore my black socks today. They barely peek out over the shoes, though.

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I wore my black socks today. They barely peek out over the shoes, though.
                            Those sound like the Adidas black "no show" sox. Love them. Welcome to dorkdom. We won't tell anyone. Tight lipped
                              I used to have some black NB. At first they looked funny on my feet (me not being used to it). But I grew to love those shoes. I have since had fairly neutral colors white/blue Asics 2xxx. I currently went out on a limb with the 2130s and got the orange (sienna) pair. Not only do I look faster, I'm not. Big grin But I do like the shoes.
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                                I wear the black 2130's and the darkest model of Asics trail shoe they offer in each model. Also wear black Feetures socks, black shorts, a black and white running shirt and a black UA hatWink Probably not a good Badwater choice but I don't have to worry about that for a while.
                                www.mnultrarunner.blogspot.com