MP3 player tunes... does every runner have (Read 786 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Born to Run on his or her MP3 player or what?

Bring it on.

I don't. I just got an Ipod for xmas. I have about 175 songs, but not many good running songs. I need to get some...

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nope...but I do have Eminem's "Lose Yourself," which seems to be a pretty universal running fave. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

Nope. I have 766 songs on my ipod and that's not one of them. My favorite running song is "Believe" by the Chemical Brothers.

Robin

Nope. I have 766 songs on my ipod and that's not one of them. My favorite running song is "Believe" by the Chemical Brothers.
            Good call, you might want to check out "Crystal Method" or "Fischerspooner" if you like the Chemical Bros. Good beats for music.
            Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
            Kimmie

I have an IPOD... I LOVE these..... 1. (don't laugh) The Cup of Life- Ricky Martin This song starts out with "Do you really want it? Yeah!" perfect for when I don't want to do another hill repeat. Ricky Martin is actually ASKING me how badly I want to do well in my next race. Smile 2. Real Gone- Sheryl Crow (from Cars) In this song, Sheryl sings "Slow down, you go too fast... and you're gonna crash. " Sheryl is actually telling me that while I'm running intervals I'm going so FAST it's potentially dangerous. Smile this song has the added bonus of being one that my girls love to sing so it makes me smile when it comes on my ipod. 3. Like zoom zoom mentioned, Lose Yourself by Eminem is popular. I also like his Till I Collapse. This song starts with"Left, left, right, left." And I always have to fix my stride to match. Smile The lyrics, as you probably know, also include " till my legs give out". Nice.... I have lots of others and reasons for liking them, but I'll stop here. Smile

The Greatest of All Time

Not a Springsteen fan. I have two iPods, a shuffle and a 30gb. Plenty of good running music, Metallica, Green Day, Korn, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Zeppelin, AC/DC, etc. Lots of electronic music too, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Fat Boy Slim.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lots of electronic music too, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Fat Boy Slim.
                  There is a Nike+ workout on iTunes by Crystal Method called "Drive." It is excellent. Peaches has some great remixes that are fantastic for running, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

oh god no - I would rather take sledgehammers to my feet (Misery style). Or ears.
                    Good call, you might want to check out "Crystal Method" or "Fischerspooner" if you like the Chemical Bros. Good beats for music.
                    Here's wishing DJ steveboy used more Big Beat in his mixes. Used to have hours or playlists for gym workouts and spinning, with Crystal Method, Propellerheads, the brothers Chemical as well as Dust, and whatever industrial had good elecro beats such as late Frontline Assembbly. Here's wishing DJsteve used that stuff too, hehe.
                      I do now! Bruce is coming to town this summer. I can't get anybody to go to the concert with me. BUt now I'm torn, because the other great ticket this summer is The Police/Elvis Costello. It's an outdoor concert - it would be great, but so would Springsteen. I'll probably miss both, with my luck!

Michelle

Looking gooooood ;p

Funny, I made a discovery today - I have this CD "Blowback" by a guy called Tricky and I've always found it difficult to listen to - it's good, but it's very "agressive" and always leaves me feeling vaguely angry. So, I played it while running today - instant PB for the course AND it made me forget it was sleeting and blowing a gale out there Cool
                        The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....
                        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Nope...but I do have Eminem's "Lose Yourself," which seems to be a pretty universal running fave. Smile
                          I've got tha back to back with Weird Al's Lose your mind.
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I only use tunes on the treadmill. Lately, I switched from my well-worn DopeRunnin' Groovz playlist to some of the Podrunner mixes by our own DJ Steveboy Boyett. I've been pretty pleased -- I thought the repetition would wear on me, but it's quite the opposite -- I seem to zone out into a trance, and the next thing I know another mile has flown by.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Here's wishing DJ steveboy used more Big Beat in his mixes. Used to have hours or playlists for gym workouts and spinning, with Crystal Method, Propellerheads, the brothers Chemical as well as Dust, and whatever industrial had good elecro beats such as late Frontline Assembbly. Here's wishing DJsteve used that stuff too, hehe.
                              Most of the big-beat stuff is really Fatboy Slim and the Chemical Brothers, both of whom are on major labels from whom licensing is either ruinously expensive or just plain impossible to get. Big beat also sounds really weird when you play it fast. Those long booooms are meant to resound for a bit and are generally recorded in the 125 BPM neighborhood. At 150 it's gone and sounds like some kind of chopped-up breakbeat. Afraid I never was much of an Industrial puppy.
                              Steve Boyett
                              Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
                              Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!
                              dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

There is a Nike+ workout on iTunes by Crystal Method called "Drive." It is excellent. Peaches has some great remixes that are fantastic for running, too.
                                Here's an interesting story about that mix and Nike. When Podrunner first hit, we negotiated with Nike for sponsorship. Podcasting was still relatively new and corporate sponsorship was nonexistent, and here I was at the top of iTunes talking to NIKE, ferchrissake. They got all kinds of info from us -- demographics, methodology, blah blah -- and then just ... went away. Wouldn't return calls. Didn't answer queries. Two weeks later Nike announced the Nike Sport Kit device. I went berserk -- this thing was genetically engineered for Podrunner! What gives? Two weeks after that, iTunes announced the Crystal Method workout mix for Nike Sport Kit in a special Nike section of iTunes. Golly, what an amazing coincidence. The karma on that was wonderful: a lot of people posted iTunes reviews about how lousy the CM mix was, and how there was a ton of free Podrunner mixes right over this way. My listenership doubled within two weeks of the CM mix's debut. I like Crystal Method as DJs and doubt they knew anything about me when they were contacted by Nike. But I did read an interview with them in which they said, no, we're not runners, but we talked to friends who run. Not easy to come by that level of of commitment and research nowadays.
                                Steve Boyett
                                Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
                                Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!