Venturing away from the iPod? (Read 1366 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Once one of the big football players dared me to kick him...so I did. And he literally had tears in his eyes. I made a 250+# football player cry.
    The question is, where did you kick him? Surprised I'm reminded of the scene in Police Academy where some big dude was daring the skinny nerdy recruit to punch him and was fully expecting a punch in the gut. Dude was pretty surprised when he caught one right across the jaw. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The question is, where did you kick him? Surprised
      Just in the shin...I should have specified. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Another thumbs up for the shuffle. You can clip it to your hat and won't even know it's there. Anxiously awaiting MacWorld Expo next week Shy

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Life is Good

I bought My hubby a sansa clip mp3 player fro Christmas by sanDisk he loves it!

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I agree with other comments above. To save money, you could even buy a refurbished shuffle for around $50 for running and then spend your money on what you use in your car.

TRUST THE PROCESS

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Yep, go with an iPod.
              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

My legs are killing me

Another option is a Sirius portable player. Its about the same size as an ipod. Not only can you get some really great programing but it is also an MP3 player.

Running Dad

wow.. ipods.. wouldn't own one... they're not designed to last.. call apple.. they'll tell you.. to proprietary as well.. sansa makes the clip for around 60$ 4gig.. flash memory as well.. hard drive players just shouldn't be used for running..
                  Things to do this year:
                  Not get an injury
                  Things done this year:
                  Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??
                  dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Thus the iPod Nano and Shuffle flash-based players. Big grin
                    Steve Boyett
                    Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
                    Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

MP3 player with Taser Big grin
                        That reminds me...I was paging through an old Newsweek and found a piece about a pink taser aimed at women. Unfortunately they are illegal in MI, so if I used one against an assailant *I* could be the one arrested. Roll eyes Seriously, though...if I could run with a taser I'd probably start seriously considering trail running or running after dark. But not in the meantime. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

well, I just bought a 2gb refurb IPOD and got one of those arm bands and silcone case for mine. only been out once with it on. Playlist is much superior to my old MP3 player. You can' t beat Apples functionality....

Maniac

wow.. ipods.. wouldn't own one... they're not designed to last.. call apple.. they'll tell you.. to proprietary as well.. sansa makes the clip for around 60$ 4gig.. flash memory as well.. hard drive players just shouldn't be used for running..
                            Really? I've had my nano for almost two years, and haven't had a bit of trouble with it, and I do every run with it on. That being said, it is a Nano, so no hard drive to bounce around. I don't know how people run with those really big mp3 players....

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Ditto here. My 8GB Nano's OS crashes every once in a while (usually after being updated on iTunes), but it's very easy to reset. I like it a lot. The fact that there are other decent players out there doesn't mean iPods suck (and I say this as no fan of Apple generally).
                              Steve Boyett
                              Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
                              Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!
                                Another thumbs up for the shuffle. You can clip it to your hat and won't even know it's there.
                                I've done this too! I have a Shuffle for running, nano for the car.
                                Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado