Running in Cape Coral (Read 377 times)

I am going to be in Cape Coral Forida the day after Christmas. I am looking to find a good area to put in a 50-60 minute run. I would prefer trails. Anyone familiar with this area??
    Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
      I'm from Cape Coral! Trails though... I'm sure way out west you could probably find something, but otherwise, I don't know of any in the Cape. If you're willing to drive out to Ft. Myers Beach, the barrier island at the end of it is a state park called Lover's Key that has some nice trails. They hold a 5k there every May. In the Cape, there isn't too much excitement. I always just ran around where I lived. Maybe run down by the yacht club for something more scenic than the same residential look. Down there are older houses that don't all like the same. Good luck! If you find any cool places to run, let me know!

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

TRIing to beat the heat!

You can find trails at the Caloosahatchee Regional Park in Alva, FL whcih is just east of Ft. Myers and maybe a 40 minute drive from the Cape. This is where the River, Roots and Ruts trail run is held every year. There aren't very many running trails down here, but if you can bring yourself to do some sidewalk running, there are LOADS of pretty sites to run by and lots of Gulf breezes. Enjoy your stay!

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

thanks ! As of now I am looking for a hotel near Ft Meyer Beach. A run down to the barrier island and on the beach sounds REALLY good right about now !! Brrrrrrr
          Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
          finney

Resident pinniped

Seriously jealous. I've been to Ft Myers twice and would give a limb to be there now. We got 11" of snow yesterday and are gonna get it again to the tune of 7" again tomorrow. Try 4 Mile Cove eco-park. Not a mosquito in the place, and nicely kept trails (at least when I was there last May). http://www.capecoral.net/Government/ParksRecreation/ParksFacilities/EnvironmentalParksFacilities/FourMileCoveEcologicalPreserve/tabid/226/Default.aspx