Automatic import from Garmin Connect Integration not working (Read 1101 times)

an amazing likeness

I'm also seeing about a 24 hour delay before the runs show up at Running Ahead.  Is this to be expected?

Ron

No. When Garmin gets it right (and it is a Garmin issue) the activity you uploaded to Garmin Connect will be available in your RA log in seconds.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Well, now, I don't feel alone in the pool  of "why isn't this working"?  Garmin, Garmin, Garmin - why do you vex us so?

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dhaunsch

1-2 days of delay for me until runs are transferred. FR620 WIFi. I hope Garmin solves their issues soon.

Good work eric!

not lazy, just tired

So strange that it works fine for some, but not for others.

Not if it makes sense.

Julia1971

So, I downloaded the Garmin Connect app to my device (my Venue tablet - I don't have an Android or iPhone) and paired it with my FR220.  I just got back from my run.  I went into the app on my device, looked at the activities, and the new workout was there.  I went to my laptop and refreshed RA, and it was there.  Pretty cool.  I just might have to buy a real smartphone so I can use this app.  Wink

It is strange that it's working for some and not others.

Edited to add: I realized the real test would have been whether it showed up on RA using my tablet.  So, I did a dummy workout here on the couch and it still worked.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Well, now, I don't feel alone in the pool  of "why isn't this working"?  Garmin, Garmin, Garmin - why do you vex us so?

+1. The file upload is working(tcx). I can live with it. I was not getting anything to load with the 310xt before the change.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Let's hope Garmin get it right soon. Still nothing on RA from this morning's run, yet it uploaded to GC right away. I also have GC and Strava accounts connected and the run appeared on Strava immediately too.

No. When Garmin gets it right (and it is a Garmin issue) the activity you uploaded to Garmin Connect will be available in your RA log in seconds.

not lazy, just tired

This morning's run uploaded right away to Garmin Connect, but hasn't shown up on RA yet. I guess for me, for some reason, it's taking over a day to make it from CC to RA.

Fenix 3, uploading by wi-fi or Garmin phone ap. Always uploads immediately to GC. Have a Macbook and using Safari. Don't know if any of that makes a difference.

Not if it makes sense.

It has mostly been working from day 1 for me and I am loving it. Today, it wasn't working but it was an issue with Garmin's servers. Once the servers were connecting again, I had to do a dummy workout and then everything appeared here and in Strava. I had a weird occurrence on Thursday when all my runs back to May showed up in the que on RunningAhead for some reason. I deleted them and today everything worked fine once the servers started working.

So, I downloaded the Garmin Connect app to my device (my Venue tablet - I don't have an Android or iPhone) and paired it with my FR220.  I just got back from my run.  I went into the app on my device, looked at the activities, and the new workout was there.  I went to my laptop and refreshed RA, and it was there.  Pretty cool.  I just might have to buy a real smartphone so I can use this app.  Wink

It is strange that it's working for some and not others.

Edited to add: I realized the real test would have been whether it showed up on RA using my tablet.  So, I did a dummy workout here on the couch and it still worked.

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly

Burrito_Joe

I turned on Garmin Connect for RA, Strava, and MapMyRun *after* my run yesterday.  I confirmed that all 3 apps were registered on GC.

Yesterday's run did not upload to any of the three systems above. After this morning's run, Strava and MMR were updated almost immediately after I uploaded to GC using my FR220, iPhone 6 & Bluetooth. RA has not been updated as of this writing (5 hrs after GC import).

Thanks for all the great work on the site Eric!

Enda

I've done 5 runs since the integration went live and none of them has appeared despite RA having permission to link to GC. Very strange that it works for some straight away, others get a delay and then some not at all. Works fine for Strava & Endomondo,

bluerun

Super B****

I have the 620, and I always sync by plugging in.  For the sake of experiment -- since it has been working for me -- I'll try uploading via WiFi next time and see what happens.

Uploaded using Bluetooth ... worked just fine.  I guess I'm lucky!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

cindyruns

I set up the integration when it was first announced and didn't see anything appear until yesterday when I saw 17 older runs appears - but not my two recent. Those still haven't appeared. When I try uploading the FIT file manually that I downloaded from the Garmin site, it never appears on the screen to let me save it (this definitely used to work).

None of the weekend workouts have come across from GC. Time to go old school and upload manually.

not lazy, just tired

Yesterday's, and, needless to say, this morning's runs haven't come across from Garmin Connect yet. Guess I'll wait a bit longer before I upload them manually.

Not if it makes sense.