Hanson Brothers marathon training program (Read 2722 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Has anyone tried it? I'm thinking about using it for an upcoming race.
    Darla1

No I have not, but I'm training for my first marathon. Any other training programs others suggest?

Hey, nice marmot!

Wait, is that the one where you grow your hair real long and do all your training runs jammin' out to Mmmmbop?

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

kcam

I think Brian Sell is using that training program with some success. Smile My sister and her running friends use it and she has BQ'd. They live near the Hansens home base and do group workouts with them as well.
          JakeKnight

Wait, is that the one where you grow your hair real long and do all your training runs jammin' out to Mmmmbop?
            I cannot believe it took 12 hours for the first Mmmmbop joke to appear. You people are disappointing me. -------------- To the OP: let us know how it goes with the program if you use it. I plan to use a modified version the next time I seriously train for a marathon and I'd love to hear some firsthand feedback.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Is this program the one where you long run peaks at 15 miles?

Was it all a dream?

I've been doing a training program this spring that's based on the Hanson's program. I liked the idea of the marathon pace tempo runs and long intervals each week, but I was a bit concerned about the relatively "short" long runs. So, I added medium long runs and extra miles to the long runs each week. I think its working, but I can let you know for sure after this weekend.
                seeEricaRun

Awesome

Is this program the one where you long run peaks at 15 miles?
                  It peaks at 16, but yes. The idea is that the mid-week workouts are a little more intense, so that the mileage on your long run makes up a much lower percentage of your overall workout.
                    I was thinking it involved tinfoil and running in skates...

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I was thinking it involved tinfoil and running in skates...
                      Classic Baddawg. Classic! "machine took my f'ing quarter!"
                        Big grin What is the Hanson Brothers program?

Vim

The Greatest of All Time

They brought their fu*king toys with them! Big grin
                          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                          HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Wow - thread has been hijacked. I am curious what the plan (the plan the running hansons use. Anyone have a link?

• Black Canyon 100k
                            • RRR
                            • Zane Grey 100k
                            • High Lonesome 100
                            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                            • The Bear 100
                            • Javelina Jundred (?)
                              here you go If you look on the left side that is where the training programs are
                              2009 Goals...:
                              -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
                                Wow - thread has been hijacked.
                                But it's OK, Erica sets PRs when she follows an undertraining plan. Smile

E.J.
                                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.