Knee Pain and Orthotics (Read 462 times)

Philly Curse

Hi all. Last fall i ran a marathon and had some foot trouble after running it. This prompted me to see the foot doctor and i eventually got some custom orthotics. I have never been injured before and since i started wearing the orthotics i have noticed 2 things: 1Smile right below my knee it tends to hurt at the beginning of runs. Also when i put my weight on one leg, such as going up a step or standing up, i can feel some pain. If i could describe the area, i would say..if you feel below your knee cap about 2 inches, there is a skinny bone? that is where it kind of hurts. Anybody know what this is or what i should do. 2.) My achilles and calves have been hurting more whil ei run since i got the orthotics..is this normal\\ Thanks everybody
      At first you will get all kinds of funny pains as your muscles and tendons adapt to the new way of running. Did your podiatrist give you instructions/schedule to use at first? Usually you should take it easy at first to let your body get used to them. Sometimes they ask you to wear your running shoes and orthotics walking around for a while, too.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Philly Curse

Yea he told me to walka round in them for about a week..then slowly integrate them into the runs..not dong all of them with it..then go to them all the time. Ive only been running with them for about a month..so i figured i was still adapting. Is that true..or has it been too long. I only do a few runs a week..like 2-3