Mississippi's Lehigh Valley Marathon Report (Read 946 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

He didn't ask how I did. Sad
    I'm saddened to hear that he took no interest in your accomplishments. Did you at least show him your trophy?
      I'm saddened to hear that he took no interest in your accomplishments. Did you at least show him your trophy?
      No. He wants nothing to do with it, so I didn't tell him anything. That's okay. I've accepted this. Smile Everyone here is my support and sounding board for running!

Michelle

Mississippi, thanks for giving us a report. Sounds like you all had great finishes. Perhaps I'll give one of these marathon races a go in 2008. I hate stomach issues! Evil grin How hot was it? What was your focus when it came to hydration? Good to know there was a Tim around to take photos. Cool I'll have to check them out later. ********************************************************** Did rockenmamof5 get an award for best abs?
        We are very grateful for Tim's picture taking! I'm just sorry that my camera isn't the best. It wasn't hot at first but my mile 22 it was nasty with heat and humidity. I think in the mid to upper 80's by the end of the race. I usually run with water but I knew there would be many water stops along the way so I ran with my bottle full of slightly watered down Gatorade. It seemed to work for me although the sugar intake may have been too much for my stomach. By mile 10 I was craving water, to cut the sugar in my mouth from the Gatorade. I had hydrated greatly the two days before the race, and I think that helped. And if they were giving awards for great ads, Pam would have gotten first place for sure!

Michelle

We are very grateful for Tim's picture taking! I'm just sorry that my camera isn't the best. It wasn't hot at first but my mile 22 it was nasty with heat and humidity. I think in the mid to upper 80's by the end of the race. I usually run with water but I knew there would be many water stops along the way so I ran with my bottle full of slightly watered down Gatorade. It seemed to work for me although the sugar intake may have been too much for my stomach. By mile 10 I was craving water, to cut the sugar in my mouth from the Gatorade. I had hydrated greatly the two days before the race, and I think that helped greatly. And if they were giving awards for great ads, Pam would have gotten first place for sure!
          I think we all had hydration issue's. The heat and humidity just SUCKS the water right out of you! I'm thankful to BOTH YOU and TIM for pictures!!! I'm such a dumbass and didn't even think to bring mine Confused My ABS SUCK!! It's not like they look like my picture when I'm bloated with AF, ate breakfast, drank cofee etc etc. I probably looked like I was pregnant Confused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Did you at least show him your trophy?
            I did just buy a nice new 26.2 sticker for my mini-van! Big grin He ought to see that at some point (did I mention that he hates stickers and magnets on cars?) This is the one!

Michelle

va

Michelle, you should get one of these... Big grin
                Michelle, you should get one of these... Big grin
                Oh my...that would bring about a quick divorce for me! *lol* Big grin (A tattoo would go over 1000 times worse than my running the marathon!)

Michelle

Now that was a bath...

Michelle!!!! Great pics, fab report and well done on your placement. I've said it before and I will say it again - it's so cool that you, Pam & scout get to run together! I didn't realize that your DH was so unsupportive of your running! Mine isn't really interested but he at least pretends to be and he would be proud of me if I did a marathon! You did great girl. Claire xxx
                • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Dog-Love

Michelle and Pam You guys are HOT!!! And the pictures make me excited to run a marathon! You look totally fit and look like the 26.2 was nothing. Maybe you can devote a wall in your family room to all the race pictures and awards. You might even catch your hubby looking at them.
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Michelle!!!! Great pics, fab report and well done on your placement. I've said it before and I will say it again - it's so cool that you, Pam & scout get to run together! I didn't realize that your DH was so unsupportive of your running! Mine isn't really interested but he at least pretends to be and he would be proud of me if I did a marathon! You did great girl. Claire xxx
                      Thank you Claire. I really do value the chances that Pam and Tim and I get to run together. They are an inspiration and incentive for me. With how hard they train I'm hoping that some of their dedication and discipline with running rubs off on me! Smile As for my dh, there aren't many things we don't agree about, of those, this is the biggest one. I hope that he changes his view on it sometime soon, but I've already accepted that he probably won't. It wouldn't have killed him to say "so, how was the race?"...but he has his mind set and nothing will change that. Maybe he needs something to put him in a good mood. I should get him a puppy...oh wait, he's allergic. Evil grin

Michelle

Michelle and Pam You guys are HOT!!! And the pictures make me excited to run a marathon! You look totally fit and look like the 26.2 was nothing. Maybe you can devote a wall in your family room to all the race pictures and awards. You might even catch your hubby looking at them.
                        Blush Thanks!! Tonight as I was running a somewhat painful 3.1 miles, I thought to myself "I actually did it, I ran a marathon!!!" and it made me smile ear to ear. Something I hadn't thought of myself really being able to do. It was harder than I thought it would be, near the end of the race my body let me know it. I don't think I could have sprinted to save my life, my legs had NOTHING left. As for my pictures and such, nothing gets put out on display. Well, the bobble head award did for a little while, that was just too cool to put right in the closet. Smile

Michelle

mikeymike

I thought to myself "I actually did it, I ran a marathon!!!" and it made me smile ear to ear.
                          Ha! Nice. You'll find yourself doing that at the oddest times from now on.

Runners run

Checked out the pictures ==> Y'all look great (especially the ladies Wink).

Vim

Just wanted to say congrats on your race! Great pics, you all looked amazing! A marathon is a huge accomplishment (one that I hope to achieve someday) and you should be so incredibly proud of yourself. And second place in your AG isn't too shabby! Best of luck with your "recovery" and I'm sure you'll be ready to try another marathon again before you know it.

Prophet!

a bit late..but congrats michelle...awesome run..oh and ditto what crabby says...HOTNESS!