First day back at running and it felt sooo goood (Read 575 times)

I didnt think I was totally "hooked" on this running thing like so many of you are but after taking 2 weeks off to rest a self-diagnosed IT injury, I was officially chomping at the bit to get back into it. I tried to keep my mind busy with strength training, pilates, and moutain biking, but those just didnt get my sweat out like running does. Well today Idecided to give it a try on the TM at a VERY slow pace. It went pretty well, I wound up jogging 3 min and walking for 2 for a combined total of 1.5 miles. And boy did I sweat! It was more than my usual - I must have been stocking up for 2 weeks. It felt soo good though!! The knee felt ok - I can tell its not totally back to normal but it didnt hurt, I just could still feel it wanted to tweak out and thats when i back off and walked. I hope this works because I know I wont be able to tolerate another bout of not running!!
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Way to go, Chrissy! I hope your knee cooperates so that you can keep running. I never though I would get addicted, either, but I did!!
        Nice one Chrissy, I had a wee break there too due to a tweak in the right knee and am just getting back to it now. Know exactly how you feel Wink Just take it easy startin off. You'll get there again.
        Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
          Congrats to you. I'm about 3 weeks back from an injury myself. Time off serves as a good reminder of how good it feels to be running. Be careful, rebuild the faith in your knee and have fun!

-------------------------------------
          5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
          10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
          1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
          Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I haven't had much time to run not b/c of injury but just life... constantly busy, I've noticed if I let too many days go between my runs I start to get really cranky! LOL Like I haven't run since Saturday and I HAVE TO JUST HAVE TO go out tonight, i'm dying here! congrats on your new addiction and easy on the knee!
            -Jen
            2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

The Greatest of All Time

Congrats on being smart and taking the time off to get better. Smart. Smart. Smart.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

jfa

Geez, that sounds so familiar that I could have written it myself.Right knee problem cropped up for me also.I was about 10 weeks into an 18 week marathon plan.I got through my first 20 miler without a problem,so I officially signed up for it(NJ Marathon).Next long run, I hurt my knee Angry. Rested,then came back too soon. Now, I have 2 good runs in since being off. Ca n't beleive how much I have missed it. Welcome back and go real slow so you can stay back!