If running is your "main" hobby now, do you keep any other hobbies also? (Read 296 times)

Joann Y

Your ink drawings are my favorite kilkee. Are those places that you have been or imagined? Really nice. And scappodaqui, those little sculptures are adorable.

kilkee

runktrun

Thanks, Joann!  Even though I really only draw for myself, it really appreciate it when anyone says they, too, enjoy my drawings Smile

Most of the places I have visited, and then sketched later, so they are very close to an actual view, but skewed a bit by my memory.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

kilkee

runktrun

I probably could shoot towards the lot across the street, actually.  It's vacant...but there's a creek at the backside of the lot where kids go and muck about looking for critters.

Haha, I shoot AT my house.  Huge no-no, but we have a very narrow, long lot and gigantic brick house.  Even if someone come running around the side, there's no way I could hit them (unless I wanted to, but then they'd still be 50m away).

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

CMJHawk86

I actually hate it when somebody refers to my running as a hobby. It's much more than that to me. I train and I compete, for no money, so I guess that makes it a hobby by others' definition. But I coach, too, and I get paid for that. It's not my primary source of income, but is work I take great pride in. And I wouldn't have the "job" if not for the "hobby" so to me they are all part of the same cloth.

For what it's worth I do have hobbies. Lately home brewing of beer has been a fun one. I have an IPA fermenting right now and am just finishing off a chocolate stout brewed in late winter that got rave reviews from friends.

DavePNW

I actually hate it when somebody refers to my running as a hobby. It's much more than that to me. I train and I compete, for no money, so I guess that makes it a hobby by others' definition. 

If by "others", you mean dictionaries, then yes it does.

Dave

Other hobby was homebrewing, couldn't maintain both financially, just buy and drink now after I run .

chuckstone

When I was practicing at home in a crowded neighborhood, I would shoot into my garage from the driveway.  The door from the house was blocked so no surprise entry by someone else.  My shooting was limited a little by the length of the driveway and the height of the garage door opening / arrow trajectory.

Haha, I shoot AT my house.  Huge no-no, but we have a very narrow, long lot and gigantic brick house.  Even if someone come running around the side, there's no way I could hit them (unless I wanted to, but then they'd still be 50m away).