PRE DAWN PATROL week of 7 Jan (Read 657 times)

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Modal the way I see it rather than post-dusk you were way way way pre-dawn Big grin Ray Well sometimes your the Dog and other times your the Hydrant Wink Still, a nice 8 m/mi pace for 5 miels better than many. Still no run for me today, I seem to have developed a bit of a chest cold now after my intestinal virus over the weekend so I'm going to keep resting. At lest I'm well enough to get back to work, speaking of which ..........

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
    My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
    Ride 112 miles.
    Run 26.2 miles.
    Then brag for the rest of your life.
    -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

<quote pid="e3e0d4cb0cd546399b7f08078cee34aeray well sometimes your the dog and other times your the hydrant ;) still, a nice 8 m/mi pace for 5 miels better than many. </quote> thanks kev. i posted on another thread that in marathon training, mileage holds priority over speed imb, and since my last 2 lsd's were 26.2 and 23 miles, i'm ok with it. i have the bi-lo in less than 6 weeks and after that, it's short race mode. then, i'll get concerned if the speed doesn't come. pid=""></quote pid="e3e0d4cb0cd546399b7f08078cee34aeray well sometimes your the dog and other times your the hydrant ;) still, a nice 8 m/mi pace for 5 miels better than many. </quote> thanks kev. i posted on another thread that in marathon training, mileage holds priority over speed imb, and since my last 2 lsd's were 26.2 and 23 miles, i'm ok with it. i have the bi-lo in less than 6 weeks and after that, it's short race mode. then, i'll get concerned if the speed doesn't come. >

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Morning Gang, Kevin - Take care of yourself....and get the rest you need. Ray - Great run to you. It's always better than nothing. No run for me today....going to try an evening/night run today. Have a Great Day!!
        Happy Running,
        Troy
        "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Thanks Kev. I posted on another thread that in marathon training, mileage holds priority over speed IMB, and since my last 2 LSD's were 26.2 and 23 miles, I'm OK with it. I have the Bi-lo in less than 6 weeks and after that, it's short race mode. Then, I'll get concerned if the speed doesn't come.
          Besides, most peole don't get in long runs over 20-22 miles anyway so I think you'll do well at Bi-Lo. BTW DW, DS (was 12) and I all ran the half there last year. Surprisingly cold and windy. Hopefully it will be better this year.

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning gang! I just have not been able to get out of bed in the morning . . . . I think I need a kick in the butt. Pretty bad when DH wakes me up to kiss me good bye asking "how come you are not running?". I said I'd be back out tomorrow. Now I've put it in writing. Plus, with this warm weather, I'd have to dig out some shorts!! Tomorrow it will be cold again. ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

still alive

Good morning. Happy Tuesday get your tush out the door for some more!!!! I just got back from an AWESOME 5 miles. 11 degrees ABOVE zero. We're having a heat wave. I'm dripping with sweat. WOOHOO!

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

. . . . I think I need a kick in the butt. ~Mary
                Mary - For you. Big grin Darn, I had a good one and it doesn't work anymore. Now get going....... Greg - Great 5 but I don't know about the heatwave.
                Happy Running,
                Troy

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Good morning. Happy Tuesday get your tush out the door for some more!!!! I just got back from an AWESOME 5 miles. 11 degrees ABOVE zero. We're having a heat wave. I'm dripping with sweat. WOOHOO!
                  that is just so wrong Big grin Great job!!!

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.

wanderingoutlaw

After oversleeping yesterday and not running, I arose early this morning and ran 8.2 miles in 1:34:40. The temp was 60F Surprised So much for those cold temps a few days ago.

John

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

John wow nice weather for your great run today! Still no run for me as I have a bit of chest congestion I need to clear up. With just about three weeks to the marathon I think it's better to fully recover than get miles in.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                      Ride 112 miles.
                      Run 26.2 miles.

Kev, I hope you heal quickly and get back at it. John, great run, and great weather! I'm adding a Wed run for the next 4 weeks, then it'll be taper time. Usually when I add a Wed run, it's 5 easy miles. Today however, was another world compared to yesterday. I felt great right from the start and did 8 miles, 8:23 avg, and a 136 AHR (72% HRR). I think even bad speed sessions like yesterday still seem to help make days like today easier. My 8:23 pace seemed effortless and were it not for the time factor (work), I probably would have continued on for a few more miloes.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Morning Gang, John - Great run.....way to make up for the uhum, oversleeping. Smile Kevin - Get well soon. Maybe this is your body telling you to relax and take an early taper. Wink Ray - Great run to you. I'll be going out in a couple hours. I feel with this new job it is really hard to get those predawn runs in anymore. See ya all soon.
                          Happy Running,
                          Troy

As promised, 3.4 miles in 30 minutes on thy treadmill. Black eye
                            Happy Running,
                            Troy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Well Troy - you are more true to your word than I am. I laid out all my clothes last night - but then I ended up taking some codeine cough syrup and no way could I get up and out for a run this morning! When I finally got to work, i was still a bit dizzy - but I slept good! Clothes are still laid out for tomorrow . . . . .

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Clothes are still laid out for tomorrow . . . . .
                                Now I really wish that emoticon I found would work. Shocked
                                Happy Running,
                                Troy