Flu shots (Read 1073 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Go get your flu shot now.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Hey Monkey Man, are you talking to all of us or just the last poster? I thought we reasonably  healthy mortals couldn't get them until October.

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
      xor

Hey Monkey Man, are you talking to all of us or just the last poster? I thought we reasonably  healthy mortals couldn't get them until October.

You can get your regular flu shot now.  Then when the PigMan visits in a couple weeks, you can repeat the process so that you too don't dig on swine.

(or dog or sewer rat or pumpkin pie, for that matter)

Now I want pie.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I was answering the post that came right before mine.  The one about the Chicago marathon.

And what SR said.  Regular flu shot is available now.  H1N1 flu shot will be around in just  a few weeks.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

You can get your regular flu shot now.  Then when the PigMan visits in a couple weeks, you can repeat the process so that you too don't dig on swine.

(or dog or sewer rat or pumpkin pie, for that matter)

Now I want pie.

Duh to me. I read that information and somehow it didn't stick.

I hear there is a place in town where they are having a special wine tasting and flu shot party. I'll look into that.

Pie and coffee is nice on a crisp Fall afternoon. Let me know what that's like, it is 90 degrees and hight danger fire warnings today.

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

Ostrich runner

Looking at the race schedule if nothing else, I'm gonna get vaccinated today or tomorrow. Big races full of people breathing and spitting + heavy hard mileage = sicker'n shit.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looking at the race schedule if nothing else, I'm gonna get vaccinated today or tomorrow. Big races full of people breathing and spitting + heavy hard mileage = sicker'n shit.

Yep.  I wanted to get mine this week, but it hasn't worked-out and we've been trying to figure out if the shot clinic provided by DH's work will cover all of us or just him.  Today DH had the medical debit card, but I will have it tomorrow.  I have a date with a needle. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

redleaf

Our public health flu clinics don't even start until the end of October.

My workplace does a clinic as well but hasn't advised us of the dates yet. Hmmmm

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I normally get mine for free at work the same day they make us get blood drawn for lead levels...anyways, they aren't doing it until the 29th of Oct. and I'm thinking I might want my flu shot before then!!! I may just try to find a shot clinic somewhere and pay for it myself.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Lead levels?

I work in a manufacturing plant that uses lead...I'm in the office but they still make me get checked.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heard an interesting tidbit on the news.  The county that borders us (and the county where my marathon is in a few weeks) has had the cases of confirmed flu skyrocket this week.  That has to have a LOT of runners kinda on-edge right now.  I'm not sure if this is H1N1 or a "standard" strain.  I thought I had heard a couple of days ago that all cases right now are piggy... 

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Over 50 do not inhale!  Roll up your sleeve. NPR NEWS.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Maine just reported that delivery of a LOT of seasonal flu shots has been delayed by 4-6 weeks.  Schools that have scheduled clinics are going to have to postpone them.  We haven't heard anything from our kids' schools yet, though.

Here's what the paper said:

Maine is simply not getting the doses of seasonal flu vaccine it requested in order to keep up with demand given the state's strong recommendation that all schools offer vaccinations to students this fall, said the director of the Maine Center for Disease Control.

"We were getting 5,000 to 8,000 doses a day, then last Thursday it dropped to 1,000 and on Friday, we got 500," said director Dora Anne Mills. "On Monday, we got zero. That's when I was hitting the panic button. And our distributor is telling us they can't guarantee any more doses for another four to six weeks."

The upshot is that the Maine CDC is recommending all school districts that have not yet received their vaccinations postpone the clinics many have set up to take place in the next week to 10 days.

Meanwhile, at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, spokesperson Artealia Gilliard said there is no delay of the seasonal flu vaccine, "and not only that, it's being shipped out faster than typical."

Drunk Half Lotus Pose

.....cases right now are piggy... 

I've got two kids from my classroom out with the pig. I fear "the pig."

Flu shots at school aren't until Oct. 16th (free) -- I don't think I want to wait, I'm going this weekend and just pay for it.

Jennifer