What did you see on your long run this week? (Read 1581 times)

Saw the biggest bull frog...although he was somewhat disassembled (flattened in the road). Also almost got took out by an Explorer going around a corner.
      a couple of Great Blue Herons and really cute & friendly tuxedo cat. Oh, and a sad sight...a squirrel bolted out onto the bike path in a zigzag manner...obviously injured and on his last little legs. Sad
      colinw

I saw a pair of boots just sitting in the middle of the road nowhere near any houses. As well, one was a cowboy boot and one a work boot, so they weren't a pair. A couple of people obviously out there somewhere missing some boots! It was foggy during my run and nice and cool, but visibility was difficult, so it was interesting to see other runners pop out of the fog every now and then and run past.

5k PR - 26:27 | 10k PR - ??? | HM PR - 2:09:14

Roses Revenge

A group of six or eight runners waiting in line at the porta-pottie chanting "GO! GO! GO!"

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Two black bears 30 yards off the trail checking me out while I ran by! I had to run back on the same trail to get back to my car. I had no problem keeping my head up and looking ahead! Shocked

Insert witty title here

My long (for me) run will probably be tomorrow and I hope to see Vandy girls who will consider me to be an old fart Sad
              I have the most beautiful (but incredibly hilly) park to run in here in Nashville.
              Which park are you referring to? Not that I'm quite ready for "incredibly hilly" just yet..

ThomasRuns Blog
              Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Queen of 3rd Place

A rabbit bounding across the road and then back again for no apparent reason - it looked completely joyful. Arla

Ex runner

In our group run...our 1st 18 miles was on a 9 mile loop. Water coolers were placed at 1.5 mile, 5 mile, and 7.5 mile marks. At the first 5 mile mark I saw an empty chair where our water cooler used to be. Someone stole it. After that I saw a bunch of guys re-thinking their hydration and I saw 2 guys struggling with de-hydration.
                  2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
                  kcam

This wasn't my long run (just my normal lunch-time run yesterday) but I saw a guy standing on the skid of a helicopter putting something on the highest line of a High Voltage power line. He was harnessed up and would put what looked like a small white band on the line every 15 or so feet. The chopper'd just hover there while he hung over and attached these things. What a job!!!

#artbydmcbride

A tarantula!! Smile

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lots of deer, squirrels, and a sad little turtle about 1.5" in diameter...he was no more. Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mark-bixler

I run early in the morning...This past Sunday during an obscenely hot 8 miler i saw a beautiful doe...She just kinda watched me come up and then bounded gracefully in to the woods...One other morning I helped a turtle cross the road...Last week I stopped about 100 yards into my run to let a skunk cross the road..(no I didnot help him cross)...Lots and lots of bunnies every morning...On another rainy, dreary day I took a lost dog back to it's home... Running is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get....

Listen. Yeah, it's gonna hurt some. That's the marathon business.

But here's the thing. When it starts to get intense, that's not time to panic. This is what you wanted to happen. It means that all the training, all the miles, all the wakeups, all the cold, all the wet, all the sleep-deprived days and all the shit you've done to yourself over the last 6 plus months is finally about to pay off. It means you've put yourself where you wanted to be. You've given yourself an opportunity that very few will ever have. You've given yourself a chance.

Now finish it.

Hoodoo Guru

My long (for me) run will probably be tomorrow and I hope to see Vandy girls who will consider me to be an old fart Sad Which park are you referring to? Not that I'm quite ready for "incredibly hilly" just yet..
                            She's talking about Percy Warner Park. My picture to the left was taken there. I ran it yesterday, and didn't see any deer or wild turkey (a pretty unusual occurence.) No Vandy co-eds, but I did see the Harpeth Hall (all girls high school) track team. And I found and picked up a hotel room key, which brought a raised eyebrow when my wife found it on my car seat last night.

The tangents are moot.

Insert witty title here

She's talking about Percy Warner Park.
                              Ahh, ok. Well that's on the opposite side of town from me so that'll be my excuse for not checking it out, at least until I'm ready to tackle bigger hills Wink

ThomasRuns Blog
                              Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Glenburn is just outside of Bangor. The sunflowrers sound beautiful. I love sunflowers they are so happy.
                                Exactly why I like them. I can't help but smile when I see them.
                                Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09