What did you see on your long run this week? (Read 1581 times)

Flat footer

On my long run Sunday I saw an older couple walking on the rail trail. They were wearing a lot of clothing... Sweat shirts, heavy valor sweat pants, coats tied around there waists, The gentleman even had a heavy winter scarf around his neck! Shocked It was over 50 degrees! I felt under dressed with my race shorts and tech tee... Big grin
      Saw a beaver getting ready for winter about 1 wk ago. Hope he made it since when I went by the same pond on Saturday, it was frozen over.
      "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
      Ganges Lim

Buffy-Fish Owl fishing Rare bird in my area =)
          I saw a bull moose following a female moose from the bike path into the woods. He was so physically aroused with his lady that I thought it was going to drag on the ground. I was only 30 feet away behind a tree, but the couple could not care less Evil grin
            Moose mating. Sounds divine. I saw two giant turtles humping at Busch Gardens once. What a funny sound they made. This morning on the trail I saw a man in a floppy hat, many chatty mommies including a couple with jogging strollers and plenty of animal scat. The local deer family was missing however which was kind of disappointing. Sad I'm kind of used to seeing the buck at least once on my run and I think he is getting used to seeing me too.
              It was not my long run but I had to share. It's trash day and on my run yesterday, I saw a crushed vibrator on the side of the road, I actually ran back and looked again to make sure. I now know my neighbors better than I wanted. I almost ran back and took a picture because I knew DH would not believe me.
                Smile I saw the grounds keepers on my lap walk/run, and sweet talked them into painting the Yard measurements every 100 yards on the track, and also found out that "my" 1878 feet lap track will have a loop of 2850 feet added to it this spring. Yea!!!! Woods Lady. Also saw lots of elk scat on my woods trail.
                  The Golden Gate Bridge. Since I live in Los Angeles this was quite a treat! Smile
                    Saw a turkey, and a bunch of deer by the river, and grafitti promising me that I was being watched, all on the same run.
                      turtles basking in the sun on a log and bright yellow fluffy little Canada goslings both soooooo cute!
                        I saw a big black snake on the side of the road! I was so close and so scared by it, that I instinctively darted out of the way and ended up in the middle of the road! Just my luck, there was a car coming straight towards me. The car was just far enough away to be able to slow down. The driver smiled and waved and then stopped to let me figure out what to do next. I waved, put my head down and made a serious runners face and got the heck out of the road. I'm sure he got a good laugh....
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw cartoon-ish male genetalia spray-painted crossing both lanes of a road. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

seeEricaRun

Awesome

My childhood. I did a 16-miler in my hometown from my parents' house and saw my high school, I ran behind my elementary school to the spot I used to go when I was angry and thinking about running back home, the path in the woods that I used to use to walk to my friends' house from school, the country store where I used to buy Garbage Pail Kid cards and candy (there were two little girls in there asking how much the candy was, and they were me), the rocky beach where my best friends mom used to take us, the cranberry bogs we used to get dirty in, and the parking lot and docks in the harbor where I hung out with my friends in high school. It was nice being a kid again.
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's cool, Erica! Last week, I also ran in the neighborhood where I grew up, west of Austin. Not as exciting as your run, but still fun. I forgot how hilly it is! Not all of Texas is flat.
                                A bobcat! I didn't linger very long even though he was a little guy.