What's the most unusual or humorous name of a race you've participated in? (Read 1258 times)

Mishka-old log

Run thru Hell -5 and 10 milers in a town called "Hell" in MI
    Scout7

Yeah, yeah, run through Hell, got it.
      mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Haven't run 'em, but from the local race calendar, we have: "The Book For Books" - raises money for a local school's library. "Bridgeport Hospital Home Run" - Finish line is at home plate at the local minor league baseball park. "Slicker 'n Hog Snot Shuffle" Trail race last year-have no idea where the name came from. "The Cook Your Buns Road Race & Barbeque" - Post race barbeque & picnic "Cow Chip Cross Country Run" - This year's slogan - "Twelve years of terrific turds!" "The Great Train Race" - Follows the path of the local commuters via three rail lines. The commute takes 59 minutes; the run is 6.816 miles - see if you can beat the train. "The ShamRock & Roll 5K" - St. Patrick's Day Race, put on by a local radio station

thumbs up!

Tater Trot. You get a 5 lb bag of potatoes when you finish.
          2010 Goals
          1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
          2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
          3. sub 30 min 5k
          4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
            Blue Nose Marathon Hyperthermic Half
              Run Like Hell (In Pittsburgh - there must be a lot of them around Halloween) Gutbuster. A trail run that does bust your gut. On Thanksgiving. Pre-gorging.
              Mr R

Shithouse 5k: The Shittiest Race in the World http://shithouse5k.com/

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that? -John Parker

Hey, nice marmot!

I ran in the "Ambulance Chase 5k", which wasn't funny "ha ha", but funny "mildly inappropriate" since the event was raising money for a battered woman's shelter.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Zoom! Yah! Yah! Marathon in January in Minnesota. 150 laps on an indoor track..... ....got me a mention in Runner's World Magazine, even! grins, Amy
                    Masters 2000 miles
                    Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Last Chance for Boston (February marathon, 26 x 1m flat loops in an empty office park) Dead Celebrity Run (Halloween 5k, prizes go to best costumes)

Jeanne

Run for the Toad - 25/50k trail race.
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Now the flying monkey sounds like a blast. do you know if it fills up fast?
                          The women's winner at the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon 2007 won Flying Pig in 2008. She has the Flying Mammals grand prix in the bag. It would not surprise me if Monkey registration fills very very fast this year. And yeah, the RD is a bit odd. Wink
                          jeffdonahue

This post just made me think of a race I heard of once - I think it was called somethign like the "Donut Run". At each mile there were donuts. You got time taken off your finish time for every donut you ate during the race. I think some people actually finished with negative tiems because they ate so many donuts.
                            Relocated NE

All Hills No Frills 5 miler
                                This post just made me think of a race I heard of once - I think it was called somethign like the "Donut Run". At each mile there were donuts. You got time taken off your finish time for every donut you ate during the race. I think some people actually finished with negative tiems because they ate so many donuts.
                                NC State University has the Krispy Kreme Challenge. Leave campus, run 2 miles to one of the original company owned Krispy Kreme stores, eat a dozen dougnuts, run 2 miles back. Good times... 3,000 people ran it last year! http://www.krispykremechallenge.com/