half marathon training program. Is this legit. Only 3 days a week? (Read 2473 times)

Half Fanatic #846

I'm 65 and have felt the best overall whenever I run 6-7 days a week.  Sure, it's mostly slow pace with a couple of short two or three milers thrown in (those are definitely recovery runs for me), and I'm currently working my way back to that level.

BTW, did Jeff H. happen to mention in his profile that he wanted to sell a lot of books?  Smile

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

uncontrollable

to complete

peace

Half Fanatic #846

"One man's trash is another man's treasure..."

And if I could run fast, I would. It's a wonder those slow miles haven't permanently sidelined me!  But he's right of course - I sure can't get to a million miles a week at my pace!   Joking

Run Your Best Without Running Yourself Ragged, by Jeff Horowitz.

TRASH THE JUNK MILES

Running a million miles a week is old school. Those endless miles of dull, slow slogs take a steep toll in time, injuries, and motivation.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!