2013 Sub-19 5K (Read 1932 times)

rainmakerrc

I'll be 36 in 2013 and have not yet gone sub-19.

Runner100

-

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

7.18 tonight.  I have felt like garbage since my 9 mile race on Thanksgiving Day.  I'm not sure if I never really recovered (I've run 31 miles since then) or what.  It was a really, really hard effort.  My legs just feel dead all week long and it's hard to even hold easy pace.  

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

My age as of 12/31 is 43. 

I have run sub 19 in the past. 

Post Asthma Era PRs: 5K--18:39 (Mar 2016), 10K--39:40 (Feb 2018), HM--1:28:04 (Jan 2017), MAR--2:59:12 (November 2017)

I'll be 28 in 2013 (in September), and I've been under 19 once, in 2009. Since it only happened once though I wonder if the course was short. 

For clarification, I will become 48 in 2013, so the correct figure for the table (age on the last day of this year) is 47. Sorry for the confusion.

rainmakerrc

Clarifying here as well . . . 35 on 12/31 of this year.

I'll be 29 next year.  I've never gone sub-19 before.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                  Emil Zatopek

Runner100

Walk-Jogger

Clarifying here as well . . . 35 on 12/31 of this year.

Oops, I need to clarify as well, I'll still be 57 on 12/31/2012. Won't be 58 till the end of March. I'll probably run a couple of 5k's before then, but especially want to do a sub-19 in April or after. 

Retired &  Loving It

nickshawn

Sir Mix a Lot

Couple of familiar names in this thread....

Might as well add me to the list, I'll be 42 in 2013 and yes for the under 19:00 (only once, this year's Turkey Day)

Count me in.  PR'd last year in June at 18:43 and I would like to beat that in 2013.  I'm signed up for a 5k race on January 1st.

Sir Diggby

Master of My Domain

In for 2013, PR is 19:52 from April 2011 so I'm due.

First order of business is to get my next marathon out of the way in 2 weeks and then spend winter and spring working on the 5k.

I have a 5k tomorrow morning but no lofty expectations, it's going to be run on pure mileage and almost zero speedwork this year.

You look so absurd, you look so obscene...

Sir Diggby

Master of My Domain

Oh yeah, I'm 41 3/4

You look so absurd, you look so obscene...

Chris UK

I'll give it a go - I will be 62 in 2 weeks time and have never gone sub-19:00. I came close on October 21st with a PB of 19:02.

That gave me an age grade time of 15:10 with an age performance of 85.02%

I don't race many 5Ks though so I will not be doing any specific training and I have no idea at this stage when I will be making an attempt.

Good luck folks.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM