2015 Holiday Running Streak (Read 463 times)

Joann Y

Um.. gross

kilkee

runktrun

M. Laker, I'm sure you're a lovely person, but I'm going to hate on your mileage goal anyway. Smile

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

Joann Y

FSBD, this means you're signing up for the streak, right? 301 shall we say?

FSBD

Sure, why not to the mileage.  No to the streak.  On days I am skiing I won't be running and I plan to do a fair amount of skiing this holiday season.

FSBD, this means you're signing up for the streak, right? 301 shall we say?

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Joann Y

Sure, why not to the mileage.  No to the streak.  On days I am skiing I won't be running and I plan to do a fair amount of skiing this holiday season.

Deal.

And jealous. It's been too long.

Why not!?

As per the "rules" I'll have to set the bar a bit higher than recent monthly mileage has allowed... my highest month this year was May with 264.8 miles in 40 runs.  So... please put me down for 264.9 miles or 41 runs, whichever comes first.  I've stupidly signed on to run my first "ultra" at a 50k on January 2nd... the consistency and bump up in mileage should help ease the pain somewhat...

Thank you, and best of luck to all the other streakers!

Doug-

Hello Ms. Joann, This looks interesting. Please sign me up if there's still room! I am targeting 220 like last December.  This is a nice incentive and bridge until the 2016 in 2016 starts!  ~Doug

I'm in. There's not a chance in hell I'll top my highest month this year, though. Please put me down for 200.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

kilkee

runktrun

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

Don't know where my Dec number came from, but 202 will be a push.  The 60 mile weeks will stop after my goal marathon and no way I'm chasing a 76.25 week average. Maybe 10 years ago................. Hell probably should have been doing that in the preceding months.

Get off my porch

Joann Y

Why not!?

As per the "rules" I'll have to set the bar a bit higher than recent monthly mileage has allowed... my highest month this year was May with 264.8 miles in 40 runs.  So... please put me down for 264.9 miles or 41 runs, whichever comes first.  I've stupidly signed on to run my first "ultra" at a 50k on January 2nd... the consistency and bump up in mileage should help ease the pain somewhat...

Thank you, and best of luck to all the other streakers!

May was also my highest month this year. I'm using November to train so I can run that much in December. Good luck on the ultra!

Joann Y

Hello Ms. Joann, This looks interesting. Please sign me up if there's still room! I am targeting 220 like last December.  This is a nice incentive and bridge until the 2016 in 2016 starts!  ~Doug

Of course there is room!

Joann Y

From the Internet.

Oh, why not. I don't know if I will streak, my highest mileage month this year was just over 180 in April, so I'll go for 190. I might push a bit further and make that a nice even 200 if my next couple weeks go OK.

joescott

Wow.  I desperately need this, 'cuz my motivation is about on life support.  Sadly, I see that I had 298 miles back in February, though.

So, I guess that all means that, YES, I'm in.  In for 299.

Thank you, Joann, even though I've never understood your avatar.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.