2015 Holiday Running Streak (Read 463 times)

Joann Y

Wow.  I desperately need this, 'cuz my motivation is about on life support.  Sadly, I see that I had 298 miles back in February, though.

So, I guess that all means that, YES, I'm in.  In for 299.

Thank you, Joann, even though I've never understood your avatar.

Nothing to understand, it's just a little deer from the community garden rescued by a fellow gardener from the alley and lovingly restored with rebar, a little welding and some paint. :-)   I'm guessing that I should know something about your avatar but sadly I would have to do research to figure it out and well.. you know how that goes.

Joann Y

Hermes?

mikeymike

My running is in shambles after taking 3 weeks completely off to try and heal an injury then starting to gradually build back to some running over the last 2.

So obviously what I need is a completely pointless running streak. My foot is better depending on what day you ask me and I'm signed up for Boston so I might as well.

No peak monthly mileage for me though--put me down for 210 and that will likely be back loaded if all goes well.

My avatar is just some sketch.

Runners run

Joann Y

My avatar is just some sketch.

I always imagined that was Don Quixote based on your "quixotic quest" or whatever that was. Your sketch?

mikeymike

Oh its not my sketch. It's by some Spanish dude who spent a lot of time in France and did okay as an artist, from what I've heard.

Runners run

Joann Y

Oh its not my sketch. It's by some Spanish dude who spent a lot of time in France and did okay as an artist, from what I've heard.

Oops. Okay, I am really showcasing my ignorance today!

Anywho, any more streakers?!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow.  I desperately need this, 'cuz my motivation is about on life support.  Sadly, I see that I had 298 miles back in February, though.

So, I guess that all means that, YES, I'm in.  In for 299.

Thank you, Joann, even though I've never understood your avatar.

You may as well go for 306!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I like it, especially enlarged. It's how I've pictured you for years.

Nothing to understand, it's just a little deer from the community garden rescued by a fellow gardener from the alley and lovingly restored with rebar, a little welding and some paint. :-)   I'm guessing that I should know something about your avatar but sadly I would have to do research to figure it out and well.. you know how that goes.

joescott

I like it, especially enlarged. It's how I've pictured you for years.

Oh yes!  I agree.  Joann, I love your avatar.  I only said I didn't understand it, not that I didn't like it!  It is really good to see the enlarged image so I can fully appreciate the rebar, though.

fwiw, yes, mine is Hermes.  He was supposed to be something of a runner?  One of my kids had to do a school project where he was forced to visit a museum and take pictures of stuff.  As I remember, this is a 16th or 17th century Italian piece by an unknown artist, but I found it kind of inspiring and so decided to make it my avatar.  That's it.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Joann Y

Tomorrow is the big day folks! Get those running shoes out, check the weather, set out your clothes, get up early and enjoy running during the day! It's going to be close to 60 degrees tomorrow in Chicago and I, for one, am excited. Who cares if it's raining?

It's not too late to sign up, plenty of room for everyone!

And finally, here's a quote to get us going from the famous cross country coach Joe Newton:

When you take the day off, you lose two days, one for what you lost and one for what you could have gained.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Probably starting off the streak with a race in a freezing rain storm. Oh boy.

#artbydmcbride

I would like to join also, say 170 miles for December....

Runners run

Christirei

I have absolutely LOVED the running streak for the past two years. It has been a major source of motivation for me to get through the winter running months. Last year I enjoyed it so much that I kept it up for another 130 days and ran every day til spring....and an injury Sad don't know when I'll be able to start to run every day again as i am still dealing with pain. BUT I just read this whole thread just for old time's sake!!

TJoseph

I'll sign up.  150 miles.

jpdeaux