Husband and wife teams? (Read 868 times)

I met my wife running, I proposed to my wife running, and she unfortunately doesn't have time to run anymore. First we bought a house, then we had to plan a wedding, and then a week after the wedding she quit her job and went to law school, which left very little time for staying in shape. We did some running together this summer, but even when we are running at the same time we don't run together too often. She isn't in the shape that she used to be, and I just ran an ultramarathon, won a 19 week 5k racing series, and am getting ready for another marathon in a few weeks. She doesn't use RA to track her workouts even when she does get them in regularly.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Another Passion

Ran my first race with my dh
      There are a LOT of women on this thread married to this same "dh" man. Shocked

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Why is it sideways?

...I met my wife running, I proposed to my wife running...
        Why does this not surprise me. Just messing, Blaine. Wink

Now that was a bath...

I met my husband on the internet. He propsed to me on the couch over a meal of mashed potato and chicken. We have sex together. I have a stress fracture and he has a large tummy so we now also sit on the couch together. Run together? Unlikely - but who knows! Claire xxx
        • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
        • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
            I met my wife running, I proposed to my wife running, and she unfortunately doesn't have time to run anymore. First we bought a house, then we had to plan a wedding, and then a week after the wedding she quit her job and went to law school, which left very little time for staying in shape. We did some running together this summer, but even when we are running at the same time we don't run together too often. She isn't in the shape that she used to be, and I just ran an ultramarathon, won a 19 week 5k racing series, and am getting ready for another marathon in a few weeks. She doesn't use RA to track her workouts even when she does get them in regularly.
            hmmm, perhaps this is a good thing considering some of your wording of that last post.... Wink Where did you say you'd be sleeping tonight ? Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

I have a stress fracture and he has a large tummy so we now also sit on the couch together.
              Growing a tummy with your hubby? (You sure you are channeling that JakeKnight dude?)

Vim

i met my husband via the runnersworld UK website. he’s much faster than me so we’ve only ever run together a few times when i’ve been doing a tempo run which coincides with one of his easy days. he doesn't post (or log) on RA.

Go Pre!

did
                  always wondered what you mean by did. I have always assumed DH is dedicated husband> but did - no idea. D

Go Pre!

My wife and I are a team. The best team. I am about to run my second full, and the mrs her 2nd half. We run a lot at the same time, but by 5 minutes in, we are nowhere near each other. I run longer distances so we finish together and enjoy post run coffee and or nutrition together. I love her - she loves me, she hates that I run faster, I hate that I don't run even faster. We will always run together. She logs her runs here (username: needy) she never posts (not geeky like us) she is wonderful. If I pass away, I recommend you scoop her up. daddyo
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

always wondered what you mean by did. I have always assumed DH is dedicated husband> but did - no idea. D
                      DH = dear husband, dumb husband, dorky (in my case) husband, dumbass husband, etc. did is his initials. Derek Ivan. Little did is Dane Ivan. Big did's dad was Darrell, his dad was Deucle, etc. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Swadvad

DW and I were running together about a month ago (before my stinking foot injuries!) and we passed some rednecks (I can say that because I am one) swilling beer on the porch. My dear competitive wife was about 10 feet in front of me. One of the guys yelled, "Hey Buddy, if you run faster you can catch that chick!" That's the story of my life! For the past 22 years anyway. DW is on here as ChurchAdmin, but she doesn't log regularly. Some of my most enjoyable runs have been with her. One day, the kids rode along on their bikes. That was awesome!
                          My husband and I used to run together often, but not any more. Sad Our schedules are always too busy and we end up running at different times and places. And, he is strictly a 3.1 miles runner and only does the course we have around our neighborhood. Sometimes I run with my older children. I really enjoy when I get to do that. My 16 y/o is my challenge running partner, he makes me push myself. My daughter only joins in for a mile here or there. My 13 y/o used to run with me more but now he's on the middle school XC team and ONLY runs with the team. The kids used to take turns riding their bikes along side of me when I ran, but then I introduced hills into my route and they stopped enjoying it. One of these days I'll get my 6 y/o to run around the block with me!

Michelle

Along for the Ride

My wife and I are a team. The best team. I am about to run my second full, and the mrs her 2nd half. We run a lot at the same time, but by 5 minutes in, we are nowhere near each other. I run longer distances so we finish together and enjoy post run coffee and or nutrition together. I love her - she loves me, she hates that I run faster, I hate that I don't run even faster. We will always run together. She logs her runs here (username: needy) she never posts (not geeky like us) she is wonderful. If I pass away, I recommend you scoop her up. daddyo
                            This is a wonderful post. Seriously. I'll leave it at that.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Now that was a bath...

My wife and I are a team. The best team. She logs her runs here (username: needy) she never posts (not geeky like us) she is wonderful. If I pass away, I recommend you scoop her up. daddyo
                              Ohhhhh - that is so cute. darn your wife for marrying you and me for already being married because at this moment in time - I want to scoop you up! Daddyo - may sunshine always rock your world. Claire xxx
                            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Go Pre!

Daddyo - may sunshine always rock your world.
                                Sunshine always rocks my world. Sunshine = DW Smile