Swimming and nose congestion (Read 634 times)

Runningsteph117

So I have always been a swimmer, but within the last year whenever I swim, starting about 4 hours later, my nose closes up, my eyes water, and I can't breath through my nose.  To the point that I wake up in the night having nightmares about being sufficated, not fun!  Anyway, has anyone else had this problem and found a solution.

I've tried the neti pot, and it helps a little, but not dramatically.  And I don't think it's allergies.  Wouldn't allergies be worst while i'm in the pool and right after, not 4 hours later and throughout the whole night when I'm no longer in contact with the pool.

And it' s more like my sinuses just close up, not like they are full of mucuous. Sorry for the grossness, but who else am I supposed to ask?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have no idea, but wonder if it could be correlated to what they use to ph-balance the pool -- at least in the old days this was, I believe, most often chlorine, but sometimes something else (fluorine? bromine?).

(Plus obviously we used something else to balance the other direction, but I forget what.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.