Ankle Pain and flat feet. (Read 38 times)

jafox

Hello all!

I am overall new to running. I have plans of grandeur of running a marathon someday! However, I am 8 miles in and I am struggling with some pretty severe ankle pain. I got fitted for a solid running shoe, Altra. I ice and elevate as much as I can. I stretch before runs and I work up to my jog about 2 minutes. I am flat-footed so I imagine that is a barrier. My left leg KILLS me! It feels like it comes from my ankle. Any suggestions to toughen it up or support it better?? Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

BarneyBunch

Hello all!

I am overall new to running.

How new? Running a marathon is a great goal, but you don't want to rush into it and hurt yourself. It takes a lot of time, patience, and training to run a marathon.

jafox

I have been steadily interval running for about 7 months now. I don't, of course, expect to run a marathon next year but in 2 years at least is my goal. I've been trying to take it slow as i know injury can occur in the early stages. I start to get over 8 miles usually around the 10 mile mark, and my leg kills me!

tritone

Insoles might help with the flat feet - something like Superfeet. Also single leg exercises - if you search leg exercises for runners on google or YouTube you’ll find them

GusArb

Hello, i was about to ask something quite similar.

i have flat feet too, but my left foot is the worst one, i already use running shoes with arch support the AsicsGT 2000 4 and they are the best shoes for my condition so far, even better than some Hoka One One i had before, but the left foot as its kinda flatter or different than the right one is the one that starts to hurt a lot as im running and of course that leg starts to fall off quite fast i asume that its doe to the different style of steps i take with each leg.

also this happens quite fast as i only run 5k

any ideas?