Funny - I scared a guy on the sidewalk today (Read 720 times)

Today I thought I'd go out and do some intervals... which turned out to be really hilarious. Background info: I started out trying to run fast for 90 seconds then walk for 30, but I quickly realized (as in I couldn't make it to 90 seconds) that I was too much of a noob for that, and switched it to run 30/walk 90. I ran really, really fast on the run parts, literally running as fast as a could. The sidewalk is long and flat, you can see people coming in the distance from a long way away. Which is why this story is funny to me... Anyways... now the funny bit. There's this guy walking on the sidewalk coming in the opposite direction. I check my timer, and its time for a run interval. So I run like CRAZY for 30 seconds and I think he thought I was a psycho charging at him because he got this really scared look on his face and hopped off the sidewalk... Big grin I saw that guy approaching in the distance as I was doing my intervals towards him, I assumed he saw I was run/walking but evidently he wasn't aware of his surroundings and got freaked out... edit: actually I feel really mean laughing at this, though it was funny at the time...
      that is quite funny! Big grin
      2009 Goals: Under 4 hr marathon reach and maintain 125 lbs PR in at least 3 distances 1300 miles Complete my first Ultra
        So I run like CRAZY for 30 seconds and I think he thought I was a psycho charging at him because he got this really scared look on his face and hopped off the sidewalk... Big grin
        I'm laughing with you!! Big grin
          Today I thought I'd go out and do some intervals... which turned out to be really hilarious. Background info: I started out trying to run fast for 90 seconds then walk for 30, but I quickly realized (as in I couldn't make it to 90 seconds) that I was too much of a noob for that, and switched it to run 30/walk 90. I ran really, really fast on the run parts, literally running as fast as a could. The sidewalk is long and flat, you can see people coming in the distance from a long way away. Which is why this story is funny to me... Anyways... now the funny bit. There's this guy walking on the sidewalk coming in the opposite direction. I check my timer, and its time for a run interval. So I run like CRAZY for 30 seconds and I think he thought I was a psycho charging at him because he got this really scared look on his face and hopped off the sidewalk... Big grin I saw that guy approaching in the distance as I was doing my intervals towards him, I assumed he saw I was run/walking but evidently he wasn't aware of his surroundings and got freaked out... edit: actually I feel really mean laughing at this, though it was funny at the time...
          If that's you in your profile picture, I'd have let you run me over. Wink

Next time just yell and wave your hands in the air when you get close to him.
            PRs: 1 mile-4:46 (high school track), 2 mile-10:10 (high school track), 5K-16:26 (college track), 8K-28:26 (college XC), 10K-33:59 (road race), HM-1:17:13
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm laughing with you!! Big grin
              I scared Sockoni today when I ran up behind her and once I got close and knew it was her I said "Joni," and she nearly jumped 3 feet off the ground. Girl, you were white as a ghost until you realized it was me. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

skinnycaponesugar

Next time just yell and wave your hands in the air when you get close to him.
                I'm sure he'll be less scared then... Big grin

Love, Run, Sleep