Officiallly off the bench!!!!!! (Read 686 times)

Wow- congratulations Claire!!! So happy that you are back out there.
    http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
      Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

What happened?
        Yeah ... what happened? Sad Neil

Running ... just keep running!

The voice of mile 18

I assume stress fractures strike again? been there done that. be patient is all I can say that and healing vibes your way ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Now that was a bath...

The frustrating thing is that nothing has happened. Still pain free. Passed the hop test. Two runs. No pain at all. Not an iota. Doctor thinks that because my fracture was so severe that I am at risk of it recurring if I run now. They are giving me free custom orthotics but they have benched me again. Maybe orthotics make a nice hat because they sound pretty useless to a non runner!
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Imminent Catastrophe

Stress fractures suck. No other way to put it. Hang in there, be conservative, you'll get there.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I am so sorry that has happened. Sad I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will still work out. love, Jilly
                "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Another Passion

So sorry, Claire. Is it a matter of more time and healing and then you can run?

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Now that was a bath...

I think that they think that i will benefit considerably by waiting until at least May before I start to run again. The problem is that my husband thinks that he will benefit by waiting until May to impregnate me Tongue What is it with men, my body and May?

Now that was a bath...

Any other men got anything planned for me in May? Modified because for once - I went too far Big grin

Now that was a bath...

Now unnecessary. Continue.
                        PWL

Has been

Any other men got anything planned for me in May?
                          This would seem an appropriate time for an appearance by the gorillaman, I believe. Wink

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

gracerunner

Kooky, Can you walk? If you can, get out there and move. You might also try going to a Doctor that runs and see what he or she has to say. Non-running DOctors think running is the worse thing ever created. With the right dosages of calcium, magnesium, lysine, and Vitamin C, and a healthy diet, along with some very easy running with walk breaks, you should be able to heal very quickly and get back to being a running dynamo. I hate when Doctors do this to people. Stomp on their spiriit.

Another Passion

Any other men got anything planned for me in May? Modified because for once - I went too far Big grin
                              Tight lipped Actually, if you're back to running, my plan for you in May will be to cheer you on. If you're impregnated in May, my plan for you will be to cheer you on. Wink Modified because I am a moron and used "your" once and then "you're" in the next. I can haz edumacashun? Roll eyes

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

HOSS1961

I think that they think that i will benefit considerably by waiting until at least May before I start to run again. The problem is that my husband thinks that he will benefit by waiting until May to impregnate me Tongue What is it with men, my body and May?
                                By waiting until May you will probably want to run fast. Your second "problem" will probably make you want to run fast-ER Wink Modified to put the "t" in fast...Me talk English very goodly
                                HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured