I was hit by a car ! (Read 1435 times)

Holy sh*! I am amazed at how well you are doing. You are so blessed to be alive *sighs*
    You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
    galberras

fear the Col Sanders

SlapTear, I was thinking about you this morning on my run as I was dodging cars. I was wondering if you already had your Turkey Trot or if it is still up and coming. Hope the recovery is going well. Joel

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

De-slacking in progress

SlapTear, I was thinking about you this morning on my run as I was dodging cars. I was wondering if you already had your Turkey Trot or if it is still up and coming. Hope the recovery is going well. Joel
        Yes- I didn't let that drunk take away my joy- We ran the turkey trot 5K this morning- it was 25 degrees out, but clear and sunny- very nice day for a run. This run was purely for fun- the only race that my DW and I would run side by side so we crossed the finish line together. First and last time for a RACE. Only ran a 8:46mm but I could have set a PR as the course was fast and flat. But DW was having bad run day. Also my back was spasming from the car wreck, which went away after I got warmed up. Had a good time- winner of the 5K did in in 14 freaking mins. (college kid). At least I know I can run even though my back,hips and legs are still sore from the car wreck. So I'll be out there again starting either Friday or Saturday adding miles

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Congratulations on not being dead or seriously injured. You are lucky you didn't see it coming; he had no injuries because of all the booze, most likely.
          iI was thinking the same thing. I wonder what his BAC was. Glad you're OK and weren't more seriously injured. They could stop a lot of this nonsense by charging these people with something like assault with a deadly weapon just for driving drunk, attempted 2nd degree murder if they cause an accident without death, and 2nd degree murder if they cause a death - something with enough teeth to make them think. Unfortunately, though, since DUIs are the favorite crimes of those crooks that get elected to our legislatures and Congress, nothing will likely ever be done.

De-slacking in progress

Big grin Big grin Ran long run of 8 miles today @ 9:45mm easy pace- no problems physically- just ran trying to keep HR below 168 SOOOOOOOOOOOOO- I back in the running game again. YAHOOOOOO Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

DUDE!!! Whew.....I'm glad your well, good luck to you.

"So of cheerfulness, and good temper, the more it is spent, the more remains." R.W. Emerson

De-slacking in progress

Drunk dude had Pre-lim hearing yesterday- charged with Felony - bound over to GRAND Jury- too bad he can't post his $250,000 bond Big grin Oh well- he doesn't effect me- can't get blood out of a turnip. I'm moving on with my life. I'm just curious to see if the court will give some real jail time this time around. Sad thing is- he's only 3 days younger than me- 46- let alcohol destroy and rule his life. He's got nothing but his bottle. But I'm praying for him anyway. MAYBE, just Maybe- this will be a turning point in his life- if not- he'll get his reward later on. I'm blessed with a job (for now) two grown healthy successful children and a loving wife and if all else fails- my dog still loves me Big grin (YORKIE)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Slaptear, I didn't see this thread until now. Wow, I'm so glad you're OK!! That seems like a miracle. You're right, this could be a turning point for him. I have a dear friend whose life went south and she started drinking. Her fourth OUI, her kids were in the car with her! That's when I realized what a horrible addiction it is, because she loves those girls with every ounce of her being. She was sentenced to jail for 4 months and lost her license for two years. She really HAS changed, and is doing well now. I'm so thankful she never hurt anyone when she was OUI.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Slap, we have a story in MI about a guy who just got his THIRTEENTH DUI! ShockedRoll eyesAngry Apparently they weren't even sure where he lives, since it's been so long since he had a valid license.Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

De-slacking in progress

Slap, we have a story in MI about a guy who just got his THIRTEENTH DUI! ShockedRoll eyesAngry Apparently they weren't even sure where he lives, since it's been so long since he had a valid license.Black eye
                      The drunk that hit me had a VALID license- go figure that one out. Welcome to Ohio. Able to refuse breath and blood test- so no proof how drunk he was- officer statement on report says he failed all the drunk test

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The drunk that hit me had a VALID license- go figure that one out. Welcome to Ohio. Able to refuse breath and blood test- so no proof how drunk he was- officer statement on report says he failed all the drunk test
                        I don't see how one can refuse to take the breathalyzer. If a person's not drunk, why would they refuse...? If they're sober, they can prove themselves so.

~ Sarah Kay

De-slacking in progress

The guy who hit me was sentenced today. They dropped the charges of crossing center line and hitting me, and driving with no insurance. His penalty= 60 days in jail and $500 fine, loss of license for 2 years. So that means in eleven days he walks out of jail a free man. All this for a guy having a 7th DUI. Don't you just love Ohio's DUI laws. Oh me- yes, two months later, I'm still going to physical therapy 3x per week, but that doesn't matter I guess.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Beyond the pale.... Seriously. How is that even possible? Sometimes I wish vigilante justice were permissible. This guy should receive far more than the slap-on-the-hand he's receiving.

~ Sarah Kay

Man ST thats pretty scary. Glad to hear you are ok though and running again. Hey a while back you told me about the running series thats sponsered by Subway. Well i checked it out and got my calendar circled alredy for the ones I'm going to hit. Do you plan on running in any of those races? If so let me know maybe and look for you at the starting stripe.
                              2009 Goals (nobody laugh) Run 800 miles or more Run 12 or more 5ks Run 2 10ks Get 5k times in 25's Run a 3 miler in 24:29 or less Run in HM in October

De-slacking in progress

Man ST thats pretty scary. Glad to hear you are ok though and running again. Hey a while back you told me about the running series thats sponsered by Subway. Well i checked it out and got my calendar circled alredy for the ones I'm going to hit. Do you plan on running in any of those races? If so let me know maybe and look for you at the starting stripe.
                                The only one that I'm running for sure as of now is the very first one- the Half Marathon in New Philly, but I will be doing plenty of the 5K and 10k depending on my work schedule (assuming I have a job this summer). But I will touch base with you. Most of the races have 2-300 people and a few have over 1000, but overall it isn't really all that hard to find someone in the group. If nothing else, you'll make knew friends as you see the same people at the races. I did set up a gmail account for interacting slaptear2 at gmail.com for anyone local. Drop me a line there and let me know who you are so I can save the email and know it's you. Hope to meet you this year. Gotta get me one of them runningahead Tech Shirts