A THUNDERBOLT CALLED USAIN BOLT: The fastest man on earth (Read 918 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Usain Bolt will be alright without the NFL.
    And his body will thank him for it.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Why is it sideways?

I don't want to turn this into a pissin' match, it's just fun to speculate.
      It's true. I have to admit daydreaming about him in the NBA.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Two words: Reynaldo Nehemiah. Living proof that it takes a lot more than pure speed to be a good wide receiver. Bolt will do just fine sticking with track.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Menace to Sobriety

Could he cover Kobe?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Could he cover Kobe?
            No, but Phelps could.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

redleaf

No, but Phelps could.
              I was waiting for it! Wink

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Menace to Sobriety

No, but Phelps could.
                Maybe Phelps should try football. Is there pro water polo?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Menace to Sobriety

Two words: Reynaldo Nehemiah. Living proof that it takes a lot more than pure speed to be a good wide receiver. Bolt will do just fine sticking with track.
                  I'll see your Skeets Nehemiah and raise you one Bob Hayes.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'll see your Skeets Nehemiah and raise you one Bob Hayes.
                    And I'll see your Hayes and raise you one Jimmy "Oops" Hines.

Why is it sideways?

Didn't Willie Gault play some for the Raiders? And no, he couldn't cover Kobe.

Menace to Sobriety

And I'll see your Hayes and raise you one Jimmy "Oops" Hines.
                        I have to admit I had to Google that one. I still have to believe all of these guys made out better financially having spent some time in the NFL than they ever would have in track alone. Granted, there is alot more money in track now days, but not nearly as much as most other sports. Not track, but similar story: John Havlicek actually got drafted by the NFL (Browns, I think) having never played in college. He took some good licks in practice and decided to stick with basketball.....the rest is history.

mikeymike

I think there's a lot more money in track, especially in Europe, than you think. I also think there's a lot less money in football, especially if your'e a journeyman receiver or someone who's never caught a football, than you think. And retired runners are more likely to be able to walk under their own power than retired football players.

Runners run

Menace to Sobriety

I think there's a lot more money in track, especially in Europe, than you think. I also think there's a lot less money in football, especially if your'e a journeyman receiver or someone who's never caught a football, than you think.
                            You're probably right, if you're talking salaries alone. I'd think endorsement deals would be better in football, just because of exposure. American football is becoming huge in Europe and Japan, but no one here cares about track and field except every 4 years. (Sad, but true) BTW, what is the typical track salary in Europe? Anywhere to find that out?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Didn't Willie Gault play some for the Raiders?
                              Gault was a little bit of an exception. He had a decent NFL career (11 years). And still very fast:
                              On June 24, 2006, Gault set a world record of 10.72 seconds in the master's 100 meters, a division for athletes aged 45 to 49. On April 26, 2008, Gault (at age 47) set a new world record of 21.80 seconds in the M45~49 age-group for 200m.
                              He's an interesting inverse. For many years, one of the members of the (rarely run) 4x200m relay world record squad (from USC) was none other than one Orenthal James Simpson.

mikeymike

People in Europe and Japan care about T&F every year a lot more than they care about American football. The top sprinters make millions.

Runners run