Comments from bystanders (Read 2315 times)

Marquess of Utopia

I had a memorable comment this spring during an 8K road race. When I passed the four mile marker, the timekeeper shouted my time and "You're half way done!" I also heard him yell the same thing to the people in front of me. At the time this disturbed me because I was planning my start my one mile to-go kick. After the race I ran my cool down back to the timekeeper and politely hinted to him that he was at the 4 mile marker not the 4k marker.
    Mishka-old log

^ My new nomination for greatest avatar on RA.

Another Passion

A couple of years ago I was running through my neighborhood. Some boys from the local high school were hanging out in a backyard that could see the sidewalk. They saw me and whistled. I turned to smile and waved. One of them said, "Oh, your old!" Sigh... I was only 25.
        Big grin That's a good one. All I've gotten was a soccer mom in a minivan with the soccer kids in the van, and a convoy of other soccer mom minivans behind her, pull up next to me to ask me for directions to I-75 while I was still running. I gasped them to her in between slobbering on myself and blowing snot out of my nose. I wonder if they made it to the e-way?

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

A couple of years ago I was running through my neighborhood. Some boys from the local high school were hanging out in a backyard that could see the sidewalk. They saw me and whistled. I turned to smile and waved. One of them said, "Oh, you're old!" Sigh... I was only 25.
          Ouch!! Sad They think 25 is old? They would have said to me "Oh, you're REALLY old" (I'm 35)!

Michelle

Scout7

^ My new nomination for greatest avatar on RA.
            Seconded.

Big grin That's a good one. All I've gotten was a soccer mom in a minivan with the soccer kids in the van, and a convoy of other soccer mom minivans behind her, pull up next to me to ask me for directions to I-75 while I was still running. I gasped them to her in between slobbering on myself and blowing snot out of my nose. I wonder if they made it to the e-way?
              I had a guy stop me the week after I moved to Maine and offer me some head. A little later, a needler who didn't get enough to eat on a regular basis tried prostituting herself to me. It was a very strange day, which thankfully hasn't even come close to ever repeating itself since then.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

What's wrong with cocking your head or giving a friendly howdy to the same person everyday? Smile When I pass people on the sidewalk, I usually give them an hello... hi... howdy.. afternoon... evening... morning... Comments I've gotten late at night.... Are you the only one out here? What you looking at *****! Can you help me find my keys? Have you seen my dog? And.... lots of nonsensical babel from loonies in their vehicles.....
                Sigh... I was only 25.
                While not running.... Over labor day weekend, I was asked if I was even 18!!! Cool I was down in Austin last year to celebrating with a friend who had just obtained their doctoral degree. After, going out hard all night we stopped for snacks and were asked how our high school graduation went!!! Inline with the with age and comments... I was asked if I was going to summer school at the local high school!

Vim

I had a guy stop me .... and offer me some head.
                  Tight lipped SurprisedCry Dead This at night?

Vim

I had a guy stop me the week after I moved to Maine and offer me some head.
                    Big grin

Michelle

Marquess of Utopia

delete
                      jcasetnl

Big grin
                        Get in where you fit in. I came back from my lunch hour run and an obviously gay guy gave me "the look". (I live in the bay area). Yeah, that's when you know you're getting in "good shape". Take it where you get it, folks.

Tight lipped SurprisedCry Dead This at night?
                          No, mid-afternoon.

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

delete
                            I think I missed something good.... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Marquess of Utopia

I think I missed something good.... Tongue k
                              I posted an almost funny comment about beer and head, but I decided to delete it. I wish there was a delete button in the forums.
                                On a run last week my husband and I had these girls shout at us "What are you running from?!" We just smiled and kept on going. Then I said to him "so, what are you running from?"...he laughed and said "170 pounds" (170 is his freak out weight, he likes to be around 160). He asked what I'm running from and I said "old age". Big grin This got me thinking about quick responses to comments like that when running. Especially since I run the same courses so often. I don't like just ignoring people but I'm not quick witted enough to immediately respond with something...so I just smile!

Michelle