Bucket List Races (Read 918 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

(inspired by another thread) Mine: Scotiabank Blue Nose Marathon (Halifax, NS--we honeymooned in NS) Loch Ness Marathon Monkey (does this mean an event has arrived when we refer to it by a single word...?) I'm sure this list will grow/change with time. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

For me my races are Boston and the Monkey. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Roses Revenge

Yakima River Canyon when I'm not sick. Boston Monkey Walla Walla. Yes, I know there isn't a marathon there, but I want to do one there.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

xor

Walla Walla. Yes, I know there isn't a marathon there, but I want to do one there.
              Ah. You wanna wanna. But why? BTW, I've been sick at Yakima both of the last two years as well. Here's hoping I'm healthy this year 'cause it is my goal race for the spring (my backup is Fargo one month later).

Talladega -- SHAKE AND BAKE ...Big grin

2012= under-goaled

Roses Revenge

But why? .
                  I like Walla Walla. It would give me an excuse to go drink wine up there. Not that I need an excuse to go there for the wine, but . . . When we were there last month we visited 37 wineries in 3 days. Yes, we're hard core. The YRCM hill did me in last year. I had to stop about every 50 to 100 steps because I couldn't take a deep breath without coughing. I was 396 out of 401. But I did take first in my age group. Of course I was also the only one in my age group. This year I probably won't visit as many Yakima wineries the day before as we did last year.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Comrades - not sure how or when I can swing it, but I hope to find a way sometime.
                    MM# 1477
                    DoppleBock

Worlds 24 hour race - Most likely I will have to go as an "Open" entrant not part of team USA London Marathon Berlin Marathon

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

protoplasm72

Comrades - not sure how or when I can swing it, but I hope to find a way sometime.
                        That's the only race I really feel like I have to do before I die. I'd like to do Boston but really I mostly want to qualify for it. Running it is just a bonus.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Comrades, comrades.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

vengeancewins

Boston Berlin Iron Man Hawaii Olympic Trials
                              This is a tough list as I am a runner with many different ideas. Comrades Lochness Hardrock 100 Badwaters I would love to run my own marathon that would actually be certified course wiht other entrants.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

I have three that I would like to do this year - neither is of any great distance...they sound fun! Cooper River Bridge Run 10K in Charleston April 4, 2009 - have done it several times but have not been in two years, hoping to get back this year I Run for The Party 5K in Nashville - October 17, 2009 Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon - July 19, 2009 I will probably make it to the first two, the third is for another year!